Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Next club meet at the Wheatsheaf 13th Sep 09

Started by 'The Gaffer', 11, August, 2009, 11:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Just adding a calender event for the next Bristol Kit Car Club Meet at the Wheatsheaf pub on the A39, between Corston and Marksbury about 7pm on Sunday 13th Sep 09. Satnav postcode is BA2 9HB. Bri has organised a 2 stop meet with a 10 mile blat in between.

All welcome, even if you are just thinking about building, come along and say hello :)

We'll meet at the Wheatshef as norm at around 7:00. At around 7:30, we'll set of towards Bath, through Weston village and up to Lansdown passed the Race course, down to Wick and on to 'The Griffin' pub Bridgeyate... A trip of about 10 miles leaviing easy access to the ring road and not to far from the motorway for the drive home.

Bri's route for the meet...

See you there.

Bulldog Bri

Mark G

Hoping to have the car back on the road by this point so should be there.

Rosco

I'll be there, it will be the last club meeting in the kitcar for me this year, before she comes off the road for the zetec conversion over the winter.

See you all there

Rosco...

Richard

Rose & Crown in Wick is always busy, so no dice there.

Griffin will likely have space in carpark at rear if not front.

Others I don't know, of course going to Pucklechurch isn't far.

YellaBelly

I'm up for a second stop, somewhere nearer this way would be good :D

It's easier for me to get to the north of Bath so I'm for anywhere that side.

I need to get to a meet soon as I haven't been since the first one due to work travel, and I STILL need to give Bri his pipe bender back :o

I'll keep an eye on the thread.

JB

Cob68

Hi all being well I should make it, easy for me to come back along ring road as I go that way anyway, Willy Wicket OK car park quite big so should be room, beer at Golden Heart is good and plenty of room in car park.

YellaBelly

Nice one Bri :D

Looks like I'll be able to get to another one at last! I'll bring the pipe bender too ;)

Busy weekend for me then, we're off to Donnington for the show Saturday :D. Anyone else going?

JB

'The Gaffer'

dave_bence

Sorry, but driving is still painful. I'll have to miss this one :(

Dixie

Quote from: dave_bence on 09, September, 2009, 10:17:35 AM

So where is the route?  is it going in towards Bristol?  I will probably just come for an hour and a quick drink.  Mark

'The Gaffer'

Sorry to hear that Dave, you look after yourself.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 09, September, 2009, 08:09:43 PM

So where is the route?  is it going in towards Bristol?  I will probably just come for an hour and a quick drink.  Mark

The route is on the opening post Mark, click the map pic. Be good to see you.

Dixie

Quote from: Dixie on 09, September, 2009, 08:09:43 PM

Thanks Phil, I see it now.  I will be at the Wheatsheaf, may come on the run depends on time etc.

See you Sunday

reluctant

Gon a miss this meet as Im down in France playing in the Pyrenees, in the bulldog. 

Martin.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: reluctant on 10, September, 2009, 09:17:52 PM
Gon a miss this meet as Im down in France playing in the Pyrenees, in the bulldog. 

Martin.

Get me those pics Martin ;) Have a great time.

fcmmotorsport

will try and get along to say hello to every body if i can :)

Dixie

Hairysanta should be there in his new toy. >:(

It's my dream car.  A GT40 Replica made by Tornado.  Complete with Yank 7.5Ltr Buick engine, Audi gear box etc etc , blah, blah.  He picks it up today.  I am first in the queue when he gets bored to buy it off him cheap.

Mark

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 11, September, 2009, 09:34:17 AM
Hairysanta should be there in his new toy. >:(

It's my dream car.  A GT40 Replica made by Tornado.  Complete with Yank 7.5Ltr Buick engine, Audi gear box etc etc , blah, blah.  He picks it up today.  I am first in the queue when he gets bored to buy it off him cheap.

Mark

Thats a beast, can I have second dibs when it goes cheap?

'The Gaffer'

Ok heres the list so far of people attending. Please add your name here if you are coming along or reply to email that I sent and I will add your name.

Looking forward to seeing you.

G & Toniq
Bulldog Bri
Rosco
Mark G (If he gets his engin back in time)
Yellabelly
tsearle
Dixie
Hairy Santa (In his new toy)
fcnmotorsport 50/50
MendipWurzel 50/50
Lightauto
Aliwizard
Davis (Roger& marlene)
Pedro

pedro

Rosco

You will have to scrub me from Bri's burnout this sunday, as i have just have a very bad day......

I spent this morning making some new cycle wing brackets, all went very well.......

Went out for a joy ride, came up to a set of lights (with a camera) applied the brakes and all was well for about a second, then a loud pop, and one of my front flexible brake pipes 'braided' burst. Yanked on the handbrake, and slid across the line, so am now waiting for my 3 points....

Got the car home (about 10 miles) with only the handbrake, to find brake fluid has efficiently removed all of the paint from the wishbones, then I snapped a mirror off putting it into the garage quickly to avoid more brake fluid on the drive.

I walk around the car to pick up my mirror, and then noticed that my fuel cap has dropped off.

went to patchway auto parts and they cant get a new pipe until monday as it doesnt look like anything they had in stock.

I am now going out for some cider.

have a good un boys,

Cheers,

Rosco......

Bulldog Bri

Sorry to hear of the bad day you've had  :o

You could be able to appeal against that one buddy  :-\

I think though thats what you call one of those days.

Enjoy you're cider.

8)

'The Gaffer'

Hey bad luck there buddy.  :o

I'm sure you could appeal but take pics now to back up your story.

Shame about the meet, see you next year now I guess?

Take it easy and dont get too dispondent, it'l all come out in the wash.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 11, September, 2009, 01:50:38 PM
Ok heres the list so far of people attending. Please add your name here if you are coming along or reply to email that I sent and I will add your name.

Looking forward to seeing you.

G & Toniq
Bulldog Bri
Rosco (with just a handbreak - not)
Mark G (If he gets his engine back in time)
Yellabelly
tsearle
Dixie
Hairy Santa (In his new toy? No news yet)
fcnmotorsport 50/50
MendipWurzel 50/50
Lightauto
Aliwizard
Davis (Roger& marlene)
Pedro
David H

Hairy Santa

hi Guys,
will be bringing the new toy, All a bit tight and big and getting somewhat warm at the moment, but will give it a go

sooner or later I will find out how to put pictures on here

EDIT. Follow this link mate for instructions on how to load pics http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=253.0

Great car, look forward to seeing it, and hearing it  :)

Dixie

couldnt make the meet this evening, sorry guys.  Been busy at a hill climb meeting all day, excellant.  very tempted to put mine in and take on the hill at Gurston.

Now that the nights are coming in, what is the chance of making the next meet in the morning somewhere?

Mark

Bulldog Bri

Sorry you couldn't make it over to the club meet this eve Dixie. Was great to meet all the new members and see their cars.

Compliments to the lambo, one of the best replicas I've seen of the Countach, a shame that it had problems on the run out, sorry being at the front and getting dark I couldn't see that far back in the line, hope you get it sorted soon.

The Vincent and the Royale looked great nice bit of class there.

Few pic's below.

8)

'The Gaffer'

Yes, a good meet and nice to see a few more new people. The 2 stop meet was a great idea.

Hope the Lambo got home ok after what sounded like an electrical problem?

Next meet will be held a little earlier I think to make the most of what daylight we have left.

Till the next time...

YellaBelly

Nice piccies Phil. Good to see you all again, hopefully get to a few more if work travel slows down!

Thanks again Bri for the use of the bender :)

Take it easy all.

JB

Richard

Great to see you all again !

Super mix of vehicles again, drop in visitors were most welcome and good to see you, feel free to pop along any time.

A few more piccies coming later this evening !

pedro

Great to meet you all. Some very impressive machinery. Thanks for the reassurance about the Westies and Snakes when I joined- now I know the reality- wheelspin in 3rd and off like a scalded rabbit!
p.s. I promise I will learn how to us my indicators (I have got enough trouble remembering to cancel them on the rare occasions it does occur to me to prevent scaring fellow road users)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: pedro on 15, September, 2009, 09:39:00 PM
p.s. I promise I will learn how to us my indicators (I have got enough trouble remembering to cancel them on the rare occasions it does occur to me to prevent scaring fellow road users)

Haha I do it all the time, cant see the lights and cant hear the indicators clicking. Time for a loud buzzer - next little job.

Good to see you too :)