AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Track Day. Colerne Airfield, Wiltshire. Monday September 14th.

Started by dave_bence, 25, August, 2009, 02:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave_bence

KrazyKen and I have booked with Motorsport Events.

Anyone care to join us?

Dixie

Quote from: dave_bence on 25, August, 2009, 02:36:16 PM
KrazyKen and I have booked with Motorsport Events.

Anyone care to join us?
How much do they charge Dave?  thanks Mark

dave_bence

£99 for the day.

It's open pit lane, so you can do as many laps as you and/or your car can handle.

Hairy Santa

Hi Dave,

Would you happen to know  the noise regulation for the track, is it the same as Castle Combe

dave_bence

Bad news Pete - the limit is the same as Castle Combe:

100dB at 4500rpm for car engines, 100dB at three-quarters of maximum rpm for bike engines.

Hairy Santa

Looks like dixie and I will be sat on the side lines watching you lot going round then

OK -- how much do they charge to sit on the side sobbing then

dave_bence

They don't charge for entry/spectating. If you want to go out on track as a passenger, it's £10 for the day.

'The Gaffer'

Pete.

When was the last time you and Mark had a noise test?

Is there anything you can buy to reduce the noise?

'The Gaffer'

I'm up for this, a great first track day, but a Monday is always hard for me to work round.

That said I will do my upmost to attend.

How many do you expect Dave?

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 25, August, 2009, 10:52:20 PM
Pete.

When was the last time you and Mark had a noise test?

Is there anything you can buy to reduce the noise?
Yes  --  different cars - dont worry one day we both will get on the track - I know Mark really wants to - me I'm probably past it 

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 25, August, 2009, 11:11:32 PM

Yes  --  different cars - dont worry one day we both will get on the track - I know Mark really wants to - me I'm probably past it

Haha dont be daft mate, it should be a good thrill and thats form someone whos never done it before. Been a passenger a few times though and that gave me the taste.

dave_bence

I expect there will be 30 - 40 cars there, I think the maximum is 45.

ME do some trackdays on a Saturday, but they're more expensive and always sell out.

It's a great circuit for a first track day. A good selection of corners ranging from a 180 degree, second-gear hairpin to a 100MPH, butt-clenching left-hander.

Airfields are flat and featureless but there's good grip in the wet and dry and nothing solid to hit. If you do get things a bit wrong, you'll probably just flatten a couple of cones and get a ticking-off from the organisers. Much better than slamming into an Armco!

ME organise their events very well, with strict driving standards. It's much safer than an Action Day at Castle Combe, for example.

This might sound like an advert for Motorsports Events, but I have no connection to them other than as a satisfied repeat customer.

Hope to see a few of you there :)

'The Gaffer'

Pencil me in heavily Dave.

Still trying to get some track wheels and tyres but have a good lead right now.

dave_bence

Anyone interested needs to book direct with Motorsport Events (Ken and I are just paying-punters on a public day):

http://www.motorsport-events.co.uk/

I'll ask if I can forward a copy of the rules, regulations, directions etc to anyone who would like to see them before committing.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: dave_bence on 26, August, 2009, 12:00:37 AM
I'll ask if I can forward a copy of the rules, regulations, directions etc to anyone who would like to see them before committing.

Cheers Dave.

PhilW

Quote from: G & Toniq on 25, August, 2009, 11:40:37 PM

Still trying to get some track wheels and tyres but have a good lead right now.

If you get stuck i have a set of 15" Compmotives, Ford fitment with sh**e tyres on

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: PhilW on 26, August, 2009, 05:29:34 AM

If you get stuck i have a set of 15" Compmotives, Ford fitment with sh**e tyres on

Thats very civil of you Phil. I need to have my first track day but I've got 17" low profile road tyres on right now which I dont think will be much good?

As I dont have a trailer, I will be driving to a track day so no room to carry spares (I dont think) so will need road legal tyres too.

Trying to get a custom A frame sorted for towing, but no luck on that yet either.

Will bear your kind offer in mind. Do you know the offset and PDC?

Cheers bud.

PhilW

Offset et35 ish pcd 108mm the tyres are just road legal i think, i will have to check.

dave_bence

Motorsport Events will allow me to send a copy of their terms, conditions etc.

If anyone wants them, PM me with your email address and I'll send them over.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: PhilW on 26, August, 2009, 10:49:31 AM
Offset et35 ish pcd 108mm the tyres are just road legal i think, i will have to check.

Cheers Phil. The wheels I use at the moment are apparently PCD 4 x 108 mm / ET 38 mm, let me know if you get the chance to check.

PhilW

Two tyres are just road legal, two are on 1.6mm and two are about 3mm, so they will get you there but not home, is anyone taking a tin top who could transport them for you?

'The Gaffer'

Hmm not really mate. Will have to think about speeding up a towing A Frame build or buying some new tyres :(

Are you selling the wheels or just kindly lending them?

Perhaps we can can talk Sunday if you are coming to the breakfast meet?

PhilW

David H

would love to come but am probably driving through france that day on a little tour. Its a great event, I met Ken and Dave there last year. MSE are a good bunch.

Richard

Sorry that Monday is a duff one for me to spectate, at least I could have tin/topped the wheels if leaving the boring Zed road car at home.

dave_bence

I've aggravated an old back injury, so I won't be attending after all :(

KrazyKen is still going.

I need to take things easy for a few weeks, but should be back on track in October - hopefully in time to do Castle Combe with ME on the 15th

Bulldog Bri

Take it steady for a bit Bud, Get a cushion in that car as well.  ;D

8)

'The Gaffer'

Sorry to hear that Dave.

Take care of yourself, you only have one back.

My transmission being rebuilt and one of the machines thats needed to complete the prop rebuild has broken. 2 Month wait for part from USA :o

The guy is looking for a workround but may take longer than expected, so I better not fully commit to the day.

Richard

Take care of yourself and that back Dave, but then you know that already I suppose.

Hope you get better soon and get Ken to post up a couple of pics if he takes any in between that speedy lapping of his.