AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Karting for charity - 5 drivers wanted for the BKCC team.

Started by 'The Gaffer', 27, August, 2009, 11:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Can we get 5 of us to make up team for a charity indoor Kart race in November?

It is being organised by our KrazyKen and the Bristol Pegasus Motor Club. I will take payment in advance and will pm and email my contact details to drivers.

The event will be held at The Raceway, Avonmouth, Bristol BS11 9YA.  Full details of the track layout and directions how to get there can be found at www.theraceway.co.uk. Or tel. 0800 3766111

Date: Thursday 19th November 2009
Time: 7.00p.m. start - 10.30p.m. finish
Format: 25mins Qualifying + Endurance Race over 2 ½ hours
Teams: 5 drivers per team – 16 Teams in total
Cost: £175 per team = £35 per driver

This is your chance to be at the sharp end of your own Grand Prix Team, 25 minutes of qualifying will determine the grid for the start of the race with the best lap time taking pole position.  The drivers briefing on the night will give the usual rules and regulations which will be supplemented by those below: -

1.   Each driver must drive a minimum of 2 stints.
2.   The Raceway timing system will be the official clock.
3.   Most driving penalties will be a 30 second stop/go penalty.
4.   T-Bone another driver - 1 min stop/go penalty.
5.   Missing a driver change completely  – DISQUALIFICATION

The chosen chaity is the Wiltshire Air Ambulance.

Total payable by each member is £35 (this encludes karting and donation).

Get your names down folks using quote reply , this could be fun but dont forget, we only need 5 drivers so be quick...

Team 1

1. G & Toniq
2. Mark G
3. David H
4. hoobahole
5. tsearle

Ok, we already have one team. How about another. Not too much time to book your place so please put your name down for a great evenings racing for a good cause... just 5 more drivers needed.

Team 2

1. Hairy Santa

Bulldog Bri

I'm gutted. not able to attend this event as I'll be stuck at work. Though wil try and get down to see some of the racing before it ends

:'(

Cob68

Hairy Santa

I like the sound of this could be good fun,

Put me on this listing please

Is there a age limit-- lower and upper ???

'The Gaffer'

Ok looks like we have enough for one team.

I will come back to this post later as have to go out.

Pete, min age 16 no upper limit.

How about another team as well.

Are five more people prepared to put thier names down for this event?. It really will be fun...

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 27, August, 2009, 11:55:40 PM

It is being organised by our KrazyKen and the Bristol Pegasus Motor Club. I will take payment in advance and will pm and email my contact details to drivers.

The event will be held at The Raceway, Avonmouth, Bristol BS11 9YA.  Full details of the track layout and directions how to get there can be found at www.theraceway.co.uk. Or tel. 0800 3766111

This is your chance to be at the sharp end of your own Grand Prix Team, 25 minutes of qualifying will determine the grid for the start of the race with the best lap time taking pole position.  The drivers briefing on the night will give the usual rules and regulations which will be supplemented by those below: -

Get your names down folks using quote reply , this could be fun but dont forget, we only need 5 drivers so be quick...

Names are put down in order of posting.

Team 1

1. G & Toniq
2. Mark G
3. David H
4. hoobahole
5. tsearle

Ok, we already have one team. How about another. Not too much time to book your place so please put your name down for a great evenings racing for a good cause... just 5 more drivers needed.

Team 2

1. Hairy Santa

'The Gaffer'

Anyone else to make up a second team?

It will be a great night out.

MikeR

Richard

Can't commit being in the country, otherwise happy to have a go, could have got the karting kid in the house along if he wasn't at Uni then.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 28, August, 2009, 09:00:14 PM

Team 1

1. G & Toniq
2. Mark G
3. David H
4. hoobahole
5. tsearle

Team 2

1. Hairy Santa
2. MikeR

Come on, just 3 more.

Bulldog Bri

I'll re-check annual leave, if I've got a spare day I'll let you know. would love to take part.

8)

'The Gaffer'

Hairy Santa

Can you put  Tony my 16 year old grandson, and  Jim my son in law down on the list

If there are any spaces left after these 2 have been added then I'd also like one for Rachel my daughter

I'm also looking for a new sleigh, as mine now resides with Guy in Weston -- anyone  any idea what to get next,( excluding a Grinnal, i'm not that insane)

Pete

Richard

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 03, September, 2009, 04:25:29 PM
I'm also looking for a new sleigh, as mine now resides with Guy in Weston -- anyone  any idea what to get next,( excluding a Grinnal, i'm not that insane)

Pete

Yes you are and;
http://images.pistonheads.com/aimg/1221/1221983-1t.jpg

Bulldog Bri

I'm deffinatly able to get down for 7:45/8:00 that evening so if you can hold off the 2nd team race till then "I'm in" as they say :)

If that can't be done then I've got to take the whole day off :(

8)

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Richard on 03, September, 2009, 06:17:06 PM
Quote from: Hairy Santa on 03, September, 2009, 04:25:29 PM

Pete

Yes you are and;
http://images.pistonheads.com/aimg/1221/1221983-1t.jpg

I Like that, if I bought it would it be ok to leave it on YOUR driveway for I promise only a week or two until I sort out which scrap yard to take it too  :D ;)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 01, September, 2009, 10:41:15 PM
Quote from: G & Toniq on 28, August, 2009, 09:00:14 PM

Team 1

1. G & Toniq (Paid)
2. Mark G (Paid)
3. David H (Paid)
4. hoobahole (Paid)
5. tsearle (Paying)

Team 2

1. Hairy Santa (Paid)
2. Reluctant (Paid)
3. Speedy J (Paid)
4. Tony (H Santa guest) (Paid)
5. Bulldog Bri (Paid)

Ok we now have 2 teams. Will email you all sortly with payment details.

Pete, sorry about having to drop 2 of your of entrants, but I really have to allow Bulldog Bri and my wife Speedy J a place as club members over guests.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 03, September, 2009, 08:19:07 PM

Pete

Pete, start a new new topic under general discussion. Someone may have some good ideas. :)

Have you sold that lovely Cobra?

If so look forward to seeing it in the club again.

MikeR

Sorry guys but due to our house move i'm going to have to drop out of this one. Hopefully someone else can step in - have a great evening.

Mike R

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: MikeR on 17, October, 2009, 01:25:37 PM
Sorry guys but due to our house move i'm going to have to drop out of this one. Hopefully someone else can step in - have a great evening.

Mike R

Hello Mike.

Luckily there are a few people that are happy to take your place. So your place has now been filled.

Hope the house move goes well :)

Richard

Best of luck on the move !  Never the most fun of things to do or cheapest.

'The Gaffer'

I will be contacting people who havent paid me in person soon for some money and for full names to go onto the entrants list.

Now we have 2 teams, we need 2 names for the teams.

Team 1

1. G & Toniq (Paid)
2. Mark G
3. David H (Paid)
4. hoobahole (Paid)
5. tsearle

Team 2

1. Hairy Santa
2. Reluctant (Paid)
3. Speedy J (Paid)
4. Tony (H Santa guest)
5. Bulldog Bri (Paid)

Team name ideas please?...

Richard

The Slipping Diffs ?
The Half Shafts ?
The Quick Shifters ?
Kit Car Krazies ?

'The Gaffer'

Well as no one else has piped up, I'm having 'The Quickshifters' for team one. And decided the on 'The Kart Attacks' for team two.

Thanks Richard.

So,

Team 1 'The Quickshifters'

1. G & Toniq (Paid)
2. Mark G Paid)
3. David H (Paid)
4. hoobahole (Paid)
5. tsearle (Paying)

Team 2 'The Kart Attacks'

1. Hairy Santa (Paid)
2. Reluctant (Paid)
3. Speedy J (Paid)
4. Tony (H Santa guest) (Paid)
5. Bulldog Bri (Paid)

Bulldog Bri

Krazyken

Last team paid today so the event now fully SOLD OUT.  Phil has paid for both your teams so your 2 team places are secured.

This event is always great fun, with 16 karts on an 800 metre track there is always someone to attempt to overtake in a gentlemanly manner!!!!

I look forward to racing with you all in November.  :D

'The Gaffer'

Cob68

Hi Phil, send me a PM and let me know if you want me to send you the money or pay on the evening.

'The Gaffer'

Bulldog Bri

Great fun, Shame we had the Lawn mower for a Kart. Would have at least liked to have had the chance to overtake one other Kart!!! ???

Still a lot of money rasied for a good cause, well done everone...

8)

Hairy Santa

Had a great time, good laugh, great company

we must do it again, -- this time take our own carts to at least have a chance of keeping up with the fast ones - he he

'The Gaffer'

Yeah it was a fun evening, Speedy and I really enjoyed it. Did anyone get any photo's?

We must do it again somtime :)

YellaBelly

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 20, November, 2009, 12:36:53 AM
Had a great time, good laugh, great company

we must do it again, -- this time take our own carts to at least have a chance of keeping up with the fast ones - he he

Sounds like you all had a great time, sorry I missed it :(

With regad to the karts, why don't we build a couple? After all, this is a kit car club? :D

JB

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 20, November, 2009, 11:54:55 AM
Yeah it was a fun evening, Speedy and I really enjoyed it. Did anyone get any photo's?

We must do it again somtime :)

Ye I have a couple , 1 of me , 1 of Tony, and a few very blurred carts that are awful, none worth putting on the forum = you are welcome to them -- but I did warn you

Bulldog Bri

Spoke to KrazyKen about the chat down in the pit lane taking photo's, He said he would put a link up for them as and when.

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 20, November, 2009, 07:31:38 PM
Spoke to KrazyKen about the chat down in the pit lane taking photo's, He said he would put a link up for them as and when.

8)

Here it is.

http://www.pbase.com/byker28i/kartingnov09&page=all

Spot the shoes contest. (One of the Quickshifters in Number 7, but who?)

Richard

Sounds like you all had a good time, already heard the millions of Petes excuses  ;)

Bulldog Bri

Found a couple more pics from the Karting eve think this was me in the seat as well!  ::) (in red)

Yep... losing another place  >:(

'The Gaffer'

Had it on good authority that Truxton is the place to try. Maybe next year we can do a club event there.

http://www.thruxtonkarting.co.uk/Tracks.aspx

Dangerous Bryan

I've been to the 4X4 experience at Thruxton which is next to the kart track, and I have to say it does look very good indeed.  I'd be well up to a club event there, and know plenty of mates that would be too.