Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Exeter Kit car show

Started by Dixie, 05, September, 2009, 01:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

lightauto

Sorry I had to pull out today. Unfortunately my car doesn't like the amount of standing water a day like this produces on the motorway.
My only car failures have been due to rain. Its all to do with the cars aero package. Three times in fourteen years.     
A reverse aerofoil under the car to pull it down. This seems to pull all the wet up into the engine bay as well as cooling the engine. the wet shorts out the battery feeds on the starter shutting everything down. Fortunately a short wait and it dries out and all is well.
Hopefully the sun will be out for the next planned trip.  8)

Hairy Santa

Exeter - turned out to be quite a day, It did rain just a bit and there was just a slight bit of wind  and just a little road flooding - but what the hell it was a brilliant drive aquaplaning, and spray dodging in the outside lane on the motorway

I also saved paying for the postage on the fuse holders I bought by going down - well worth it I thought  :D

Richard

Quite a few of us down there, that we bumped into. Pete Literally and that cost me a horrible cup of coffee.

Was busy enough early on but it did get a bit wetter as the day went on. No queue at the westfield driving course will tell you what it was like.

The Furore that Phil is building(not his of course) was at its first car show.

The Attack that visited the meet the other month was there, stunning build quality ! Pricey wheels mind !!!!!

We have a few pics and will them uploaded.

Apple guys were there with a stand of one car inside.

Bulldog Bri

Well, made the effort to go down and this year quite enjoyed it, had a good look around the stands inside and picked up a few bits for the Bulldog & 7. I did take the 7 down on a trailer though never took the cover off as it (as promised) never stopped rainning >:(

Steve my mate from York came down with me, he to bought a few bits for his Merlin. (now a BKCC member, Murdoch)

Hairy Santa flew passed us just before the Exeter Junction but then went the wrong way  ;D met up in the show a bit later and also met Richard & son (soz haven't caught your name yet  :-[ )

Made it home about 3:30 and put the soggy car away then got on with stripping the Merlin...

Hope those who went down today had better weather.

8)

'The Gaffer'

Had a good time there too. Quite small show with some quite bored looking exhibitors no doubt due to the lack of punters detered by the bad weather.

That aside, some nice cars there inc,

The new Toniq, Colin and family keen to promote the car.

The Mojo, very nice guy on the stand.

Also bumped into a few BKCC members, nice to see you :) (Nick, sorry didnt catch up again but see you soon and a big credit to you for camping overnight :o

gingerpaul

Quote from: G & Toniq on 22, November, 2009, 11:21:58 PMNick, sorry didnt catch up again but see you soon and a big credit to you for camping overnight :o

In a life raft presumably?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: gingerpaul on 23, November, 2009, 12:09:47 AM
in a life raft presumably?

I spoke to exibitors who stayed overnight in camper vans and they were thrown from side to side in the wind, all I can say is that must have been one hell of a tent :)

Richard

Will put a few other pics in an album when it works  ;)

Richard

Album up in Gallery of other pictures from Exeter Kit Car Show.
Messy names still but got round to testing Phil's fix and all seems perfect !

Richard

Very few of you actually notice the pictures then  ;D

In effect a  BUMP  ;D

Check the gallery anyway, you can see a pics of

what Phil's build might look like when completed
one of the cars that shows up at meets sometimes (K1 is the hint)
some nutty colour schemes
great colour flooring at Westpoint
no pics of the best value at the show (Ask Bri  ;) )

'The Gaffer'

To save any laxybones finding Rich's Exeter gallery album heres the link.

http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=61

Great pics mate.

paintman

Some interesting cars there....pity about the weather last show maybe better this year I hope. ;)