Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Weekend run outs - Saturday or Sunday?

Started by 'The Gaffer', 14, September, 2009, 10:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Just wondered...

Regular meets aside (We can review times and places later) What day would you choose for a club weekend run out if given the choice?

Saturday or Sunday?

My wife loves trips to London, Bath, Bristol etc, with the mother in law on Saturdays shopping or window shopping. So personally I would prefer Saturday.

Whats your best day? Vote in the poll and post a reason if you like.

You will need to log in to see and take part in the poll.

Tombs

I cant even give a reason, just prefer Sunday's!

Did alot with the Audi mob when I was really into that scene, and they tended to be on a Sunday.

'The Gaffer'

Ok the poll is at 50/50,

Please log in and vote as it could help make a decision as to how runs are scheduled in the future.

Hairy Santa

ok so why cant I get both days to come up ????? ;)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 15, September, 2009, 08:39:52 PM
ok so why cant I get both days to come up ????? ;)

Ha, its just one or the other.  Decisions, decisions  :)

pedro

My vote for a Sunday - otherwise its gardening

Bulldog Bri

I did vote for Saturday, though really either is good for me. Just to plan the days for the ones when the kids are with their mum  ;)

8)

Dixie

Sunday for me.  I work away all week, so Saturday is "Family" day.  Sunday's is my day.

Mark

PhilW

Either day for me, infact i always go out both days early, having said that it's getting harder now the days are drawing in.

Richard

In general preference is for Sunday for me, more likely other items demand attention on Saturday.

Been wondering if perhaps the occasional midweek evening in Summer might work as well, a little run out to a coastal town or riverside pub on a suitably enjoyable bit of tarmac of course.

As we're heading for that darker time, should we think about having Sunday brunch/brekkie runs in winter time (weather permitting for those without lids).

Dixie

Quote from: Richard on 16, September, 2009, 08:48:24 PM
In general preference is for Sunday for me, more likely other items demand attention on Saturday.

Been wondering if perhaps the occasional midweek evening in Summer might work as well, a little run out to a coastal town or riverside pub on a suitably enjoyable bit of tarmac of course.

As we're heading for that darker time, should we think about having Sunday brunch/brekkie runs in winter time (weather permitting for those without lids).

Brekkie on a Sunday sounds a great idea, then a run out somewhere.  How about a run out over the Clifton suspension bridge, great photo op.  I am sure Santa knows where there is a good cafe.

'The Gaffer'

Im always up for a breakfast run, or an evening one too come to that.

Lets make some plans.

I will put a breakfast this Sunday event up and see whos interested.

Hairy Santa

Anyone for a run out tomorrow (friday)

Iv'e just done a few more mods to my cooling system,  Heat exchanger fitted to the rear and a few more fans might help  :)
so I would love  to do a run out as soon as possible just to see what difference it makes

probably the wrong thread  but has anyone a guillotin to cut thin gauge alloy that I could please use --

all the best

Pete

Bulldog Bri

I've got some tin snips that I used to cut all my panels if they are any use.

8)

PhilW

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 17, September, 2009, 11:06:00 PM
Anyone for a run out tomorrow (friday)

Pete

I may be up for an afternoon one, i need to dig a hole first(don't ask)i will know for definate around dinner time.

PhilW

I'm good to go, i'll give it half an hour then i'm off out.

PhilW

'The Gaffer'

Billy no mates there Phil ;). Sorry about that.

I would have loved it but work to finish. I did say to Pete I would come out tonight if he fancied it but didnt get a reply.

If you want to come out tonight I would meet up with you and Pete and anyone else come to that.

Are you interested in the breakfast run on Sunday?

PhilW

Quote from: G & Toniq on 18, September, 2009, 02:25:05 PM
Billy no mates there Phil ;). Sorry about that.

Well i'm used to it, i think Peter would have slowed me down anyway!

I would have loved it but work to finish. I did say to Pete I would come out tonight if he fancied it but didnt get a reply.

If you want to come out tonight I would meet up with you and Pete and anyone else come to that.

What time are you thinking?Early would be ok, i don't like being out when it's dark.

Are you interested in the breakfast run on Sunday?

I might be, depends on the weather