AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bristol Kit Car Club Track day with Apple County Club?

Started by 'The Gaffer', 16, September, 2009, 10:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

I have just posted a suggestion on the ACKCC site about a possible joint organised airfield track day as one of their members posted about how much fun he had on his first go.

This would be great for novices, like me, to enjoy a track day with no pressure and for more experienced drivers to go for it as well.

I'm not sure what companies like Motorsport Events would consider a minimum number for an exclusive club track day would be, but will contact them to find out.

Anyone interested?

'The Gaffer'

Well I've had a word with Motorsport Events re an exclusive joint club airfield track day and we will need to raise £4500 I.E 45 drivers at £100.

Judging by the initial response from both clubs this looks like a washout from the start, or maybe not?

Post up if you are interested, we may be able to piggyback another exising event.

Or...  maybe track days are just of no interest to members and I will forget this idea:(

PhilW

You can hire places like Llandow for £1200 for a weekday plus extras like St johns ambulance, so your are paying MSE over £2.5k for a couple of phone calls.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: PhilW on 18, September, 2009, 07:57:21 AM
You can hire places like Llandow for £1200 for a weekday plus extras like St johns ambulance, so your are paying MSE over £2.5k for a couple of phone calls.

Thats a good deal, but I just dont think there is an interest in track days here at all regardless of price.

It was worth a try though.

Richard

'The Gaffer'

Ok anyone interested in a track day at Llandow?

Should be a lot cheaper. Its a pretty good track with lots of overtaking space so you can go as fast or as slow (Me) as you like.

A couple of people have expressed an interest on the ACKCC so put your names down here if you would like to find out a little more.

David H

Llandow is cool but be prepared to possibly smash your tyres in as it is a rougher surface. We could just go to a track day and pay like everyone else. It would be a lot less bother to organise whilst the club is growing. We wouldn't have exclusivity but its good to see the variety. I'm booked for the 12th at Keevil for my birthday track day if anyone wants to come. There are already 4 booked. This is with MSE and it is £99, open pit. Its never too crowded and well organised. It would be good to see a few there.

PhilW

Yeah your're right about the tyres, especially if you run softer versions, i got through 4 sets of slicks in half a day when i took the kart there.

David H

christ. I'll bet everything hurt after that morning..

PhilW

David H