Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Thursday Evening Club meet 3rd July.

Started by Moleman, 29, June, 2014, 08:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Who is up for our Club meet this Thursday 3rd July at the Riverside Inn at Saltford?  8)

I will be there, Anyone else?  :D

WALNUT

Iancider

I'll be there.  I'm going to beat Walnut this time by camping out Wednesday night.  Don't tell him shhh.... :D

Moleman

benchmark51

Lucky Ed

I should get there, providing I find time to sort my car out- it's still got the slicks on from the last Combe track day.

Might have to come on 2 wheels if not 8)

Hairy Santa

Sorry chaps don't think I can make it this time

Sprint 7

Sorry caps no can do as I'm in Scotland for a family wedding.
Have a spiffing time. ::) ::)

CC Cyclone

I keep meaning to get along and had the best intentions this week but now got a work meeting thursday evening which counts me out.
I've just ordered a new rad from concept racing and so am also somewhat skint  :(

Camber Dave

Sumov8

Yes looking at being there is work permits :P

Moleman

Ok thats 8. 8)

Any more thinking of going?

Bulldog Bri

Move this back to a weekend slot and more will be able to attend, so many can't due to work or other commitments, those who had it changed from being a weekend never turn up on a Thursday either >:(

8)

YellaBelly

Hairy Santa

could always leave the Thursday night slot and have one on the 4th sunday of the month as well - just a thought

Bulldog Bri

WALNUT

Pilgrim Anna

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 03, July, 2014, 08:21:05 AM
Move this back to a weekend slot and more will be able to attend, so many can't due to work or other commitments, those who had it changed from being a weekend never turn up on a Thursday either >:(

8)
Yes well said. We would like to attend more often too. But with Bri at work and my son at a cubs too much going on.  :(

alastair

Im going to try to make it. Got a few things to do so may be a bit late. Hopefully c u later guys!

Moleman

Quote from: Pilgrim Anna on 03, July, 2014, 04:09:54 PM
Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 03, July, 2014, 08:21:05 AM

8)
Yes well said. We would like to attend more often too. But with Bri at work and my son at a cubs too much going on.  :(

I am looking into it guys. :)

'The Gaffer'

I have added a poll, Thursday or Sunday, please vote.

For me the meets would be a lot more interesting if we actually drove somewhere and did something or perhaps organised talks from people in the trade or something like that. Maybe a meal out in the countryside? Anything than just kicking tyres.

Hairy Santa

I would like to vote for both days as I suggested earlier

any Thursday and any sunday

or move the Thursday further into the month to separate the dates and keep them clear of queens square

WALNUT

I agree with Santa, Why not a Sunday later in the month,

Lucky Ed

I agree with the two guys above. Also I like the informal 'tyre kicking' events, as its the only opportunity we get to see other peoples cars and their hard work, it's a great way of getting new ideas and everybody is able to come and go as they please - it works well at Queens Square doesn't it? If it becomes more structured and costly I think less people will turn up - having said that the organised events are great as well, the visit to Ariel earlier this year was superb ;D

Moleman

I think we could do both days. We could do every 3rd Sunday evening when there is no event on that day though.  8)
It would be nice to add something to the meets but we don't seem to find something that we all think would be good.  :)

Sprint 7

Thursdays and Sundays both suit me. Guess I'm lucky as I have few other comms .for both those days. 8)