News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Next Club Meet

Started by YellaBelly, 02, October, 2009, 07:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

Evenin' all. Is the next meet still on the 11th Oct and finishing at the Griffin again?

JB

'The Gaffer'

Hi JB.

Dont know what Bulldog Bri has planned for this meet. I would personally prefer a much earlier start as its getting dark.

Bulldog Bri

Hi guy's.
Must admit not had much time to think about any run out from the club meeting this time, but since you mentioned it. I've been trying to think of a different pub to do a run too, with a differnet route (hence the delay in response). Also to go along with Phil's comment as the evenings are now drawing in an earlier start would be good.

So with this in mind I suggest that we bring the meeting time forward to 5:00pm at the pub for winter meets (Oct - May) and summer meets the normal 7:00pm

Was the last run about right for everyone, distance-time? If so working on that I'll put a route and destination up shortly.

8)

Richard

Needs  to be earlier or morning two stop with light changes I think.

Half wondered if we should go along to the Mangoldwurzling thing, can't recall if that is this weekend or next. Maybe even have a throw ourselves.

Bulldog Bri

Never heard of it!!!  :-\ What is it and where?

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 03, October, 2009, 08:17:15 AM
Was the last run about right for everyone, distance-time? If so working on that I'll put a route and destination up shortly.

I thought the last run was well planned and a good distance but would have been great for a daytime. It was a little off the beaten track for the dark though. Personally I would prefer more major routes to aid with navigation or breakdowns at least untill the sun comes back. :(

Bulldog Bri

Sundays meeting..... Who's coming???  :)

Bulldog Bri

8)

'The Gaffer'

Mid diff so may have to catch a ride :(

PhilW

Quote from: bulldog bri on 06, October, 2009, 10:27:20 PM

Bulldog Bri

8)

I can't make it :'(

Dixie

Quote from: PhilW on 07, October, 2009, 09:26:48 AM

Bulldog Bri

Are we doing an evening one or Sunday morning? 

8)

lightauto

Bulldog Bri
I shall be there.

8)

Richard

Planning to be around so will come up in a boring road car to mop up the tail ends of a run out.

Hairy Santa

I hope to be there as long as i'm back from Jersey in time

Should have brought my wet suit over -- pissing rain

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Dixie on 07, October, 2009, 10:25:53 AM
Quote from: PhilW on 07, October, 2009, 09:26:48 AM

Bulldog Bri

Are we doing an evening one or Sunday morning? 

Sunday evening as usual. though bringing the start time to 6:00pm then a run from there 6:45.

8)

YellaBelly

I'd like to as my Pakistan trip has been moved back a week, but it depends how far away it is? Are you planning a run again?

JB

Bulldog Bri

Yep. Planned run is just a short one back up through Keynsham to the lock & Weir on the Keynsham road. A4175. Between Bitton & Keynsham.

8)

YellaBelly

Thanks Btrian. Any idea what sort of time you hope to get to the Lock?

Bulldog Bri

It's only about a 15-20min run (so 7:15ish)

8)

YellaBelly

'Mendip Wurzel'

Dear Friends
I will be there assuming I can get my Kitcar running.  I've had distrubutor problems, however today I receieved my nice newly reconditioned distrubutor with electrionic ignition with fast road advance settings. The main problem I have had is trying to find a distrubutor that will fit, as the space under the bonnet is so restricting it was limiting in terms of what distributor I could use without the thing fouling on something. So assuming I don't get any problems fitting and timing the thing then I will be at the meeting.
Kevin   

'The Gaffer'

Good luck Kevin, hope all goes well :)

Richard

Watch those knuckles in that tight engine bay of yours !
Hope you get it done in time.

'The Gaffer'

Still not sure about taking my car, work needs doing but bad back has stopped me all week.

I will be there regardless so see you all at 5 PM at the WHEATSHEAF.

'The Gaffer'

Looking through this thread, I'm a bit confused.

Bri, could you confirm meeting time please?

Bulldog Bri

Argh... My turn to gooff...

Yep I did say at the start of this about moving the time forward to 6:00pm but then putting 5:00 down so to make sure everyone thats going isn't left behind, themain meeting will be from 6 but I'll be there from 5 to catch anyone who does turn up for 5  :-[

The run will be at 6:30 over to the "lock & Weir" pub, Keynsham.

8)

Mark G

Argh, Just reading this now at 5pm, Car finished yesterday and I want to get out for a drive but I don't know if I dare come out that far for a test drive...

Might try to meet you all at the lock & wier.

PhilW

You made it through Pensford, if that was you i saw 18:30 ish, the car  sounded nice btw.

Mark G

I made it to a lot of places, Didn't know how to get to the Lock & Wier so I decided to head out to the Wheatsheaf.  Got toatally lost and made a nice long drive though lots of places I've never been before.

I decided to call it a night when it got dark so I gave up and went home.  Did around a 40 - 50 mile shakedown and all went well untill I stopped for fuel about 1/2 a mile from home.  Got back in and the clutch cable came away from the pedal.  Had to start up in 1st and limp home.  Managed to get back to the garage ok but I'm just annoyed that its broken again already.  On the flip side, it was good that it only gave up close to home so I could get back ok.

Hope you all had a good time, looking forward to seeing the photo's.

I didn't spot you phil,  Where you in your car?

Bulldog Bri

Sorry you missed the meeting tonight Mark, though good to see you've got your car back on the road apart from some minor problems  :-\ Hope you've got it all sorted again now.

Catch up soon bud

8)

'The Gaffer'

A pretty good turn out considering the earlier bad weather and quite a few sick cars at the moment.

Good to see you all, and a new face too, it was a great evening.

Sorry we didnt catch up Mark and sorry to hear about the clutch, hopefully nothing too serious.

Meeting up...

PhilW

Quote from: Mark G on 11, October, 2009, 08:48:00 PM

I didn't spot you phil,  Where you in your car?

No i was in my LandRover, i was on my  home after taking the dogs out.

lightauto

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: lightauto on 13, October, 2009, 12:25:50 PM
Great meeting you all

Nice to meet you too, first of many meets I hope :)