Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Queen's Square Sunday morning meet 12th April

Started by Moleman, 25, March, 2015, 09:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

This is a really good chance to meet up with car enthusiasts from all over Bristol. it is held on the Sunday morning from about 9am at Queen Square, Bristol, City of Bristol BS1 4QS

We are now supporting the Avenue Driver's Club in their efforts to sustain this magnificent free public event and thanks to all who have signed up (for free)  If you haven't follow this link to do so.

http://www.avenuedriversclub.co.uk/joinus.html

I know we are always immaculately behaved but I am going to ask three things.  We wish to make a positive impact on the Square and for Bristol as a whole. 
(a) If you see some litter could you pick it up and put it in the bins (not ours but we will help)
(b) If somebody does make noise, very politely explain the situation to them so that the show is not banned as a result - that also applies to burning rubber and the like
(c) Invite as many members of the public as possible to enjoy this benefit for Bristol

So this is a great venue with a good atmosphere so who is up for it?

This one is getting really popular now so it is best to get there early if you can.  :)

I'm sorry to say I can't do this one this time.  :( ::) :)

Pilgrim Anna

Iancider

Car back on the road again - I should be there.

Ian

Hairy Santa

sanzomat

Pretty likely I'll be there. Its becoming a bit of a habit. I think it will need to be an earlier start than previous ones based on how full it was last time!

fromeflyer

Hope to make it - weather depending!
It'll be the first one I've attended so look forward to it.

Dixie

Sadly I cannot make it.  Cobra is sick.

Got a oil leak on the front cover and ignition has gone bump.  New system on order from RPI, cost £330 ouch

M

Moleman

Quote from: fromeflyer on 01, April, 2015, 09:05:30 AM
Hope to make it - weather depending!
It'll be the first one I've attended so look forward to it.

It's a shame I can't go as it will be nice to see your car again mate. I hope you may be able to do some of our other events in the year.  :)

Quote from: Dixie on 01, April, 2015, 07:56:15 PM
Sadly I cannot make it.  Cobra is sick.

Got a oil leak on the front cover and ignition has gone bump.  New system on order from RPI, cost £330 ouch

M
Sorry to hear this mate.  :(

robp

Yes, I'll be going so long as the weather is OK. 

Of course, if the weather is OK, I'll need to be there 8:30am to get a parking space!  ;D

Cob68

I should be able to make it, guess i will need to get up earlier this time, nothing like an early start in the Cobra on a Sunday morning to wake the neighbours. Cheers Tony

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Cob68 on 08, April, 2015, 11:10:36 AM
I should be able to make it, guess i will need to get up earlier this time, nothing like an early start in the Cobra on a Sunday morning to wake the neighbours. Cheers Tony

I have got round the neighbour problem, I always let them know that I'm going to have an early start Sunday morning by running the engine up Saturday night around 11ish to make sure everything's alright, finds this works a treat  - at least I have been considerate and warned them  8)      give it a try, let me know if this helps   

Moleman

Going so far Iancider
                  Hairy Santa
                  Sanzomat
                  Fromeflyer
                  Robp
                  Cobra68

Any more for this then? :)

Cob68

Hi, what is the best time to plan to arrive now? Last time i got there at 9.30 and it was packed. Cheers Tony

Moleman

I'm told you need to be there by 8.30 these days.  :o :)

Balders1973

Depending on work commitments, I'll be there for my 1st appearance.

Looking forward to it.

Dixie

Sadly my car is dead, but hopefully might be ready by Sunday.
Managed to mend the ign system, but needed a new front oil cover. Managed to find one in Ireland, so if postman pat plays his part, it should be here by 10.30 am tomorrow.

Mark

Bulldog Bri

Got Dusty down to the Square for the first time today. Temp gauge still says hot but can still hold pipes so think new gauge is needed.

Got down there before Tony today I was that early. Great turn out of club cars as well today.

But only just, that's him in the distance ;D

8)

Moleman

Blimey you must have got there really early.  :o

Balders1973

Fantastic turn out today and was really nice to meet you all.
Will deffo endeavor to make the run again in future :)

Even the missus enjoyed the day out.
(Or maybe that was the pub lunch on the way home!)

Bulldog Bri

Yeah, fair play to you both for getting down to the Square this morning. You picked a good sunny morning for your first time

8)

fromeflyer

Unfortunately after spending yesterday morning polishing engine started it in the afternoon& the alternator packed up & fried the loom! Gutted!! Spent today rewiring. Hopefully make the next one.

Iancider

Sorry to hear that - it was so busy it was hard to find a slot at 08:30.

Good luck with the re-wiring.

Regards
Ian

Moleman

I think we may end up camping the night before at this rate if we want a parking space.  :D