+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Winter club meetings

Started by Bulldog Bri, 03, October, 2009, 08:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

I'll be taking my Bulldog off the road at the end of this month for a stripdown and rebuild, and I'm wondering just how many others in the club have got similar plans.

I got my car right at the beginning of the show season so Taxed it for just the 6 months with doing the work that I wanted to over the winter ready for next year. Also driving it for this time has given me a chance to decide excatly what I want to do with it.

I'm asking this to try and get an idea of car turn out at the club meetings over the winter period. If only a few kitcars are turning up and the weather could be rotten would it not be better to time any drive outs for weekend days that are good and club meets on wet evenings a chance to discuss what the club can do the following year.

8)

PhilW

Mine is T&T until Feb so i will use it when it's daylight and dry up until they start salting the roads, once they have done that i wont use it until we have had a decent amount of rain to wash the salt away, if i ever mange to find work then there are a few upgrades that i will do over the winter but i'm not holding my breath :'(

Bulldog Bri

Just to add, I'll still be along to the meetings just in the old tintop/jelly mould 

;D

Richard

Still worth doing winter runs if weather ok or if not a tin top for a breakie eat / chat would be still fun and keep things going.
Afterall I've been tinning to them anyway in boring road cars.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: PhilW on 03, October, 2009, 09:26:28 AM
Mine is T&T until Feb so i will use it when it's daylight and dry up until they start salting the roads, once they have done that i wont use it until we have had a decent amount of rain to wash the salt away, if i ever mange to find work then there are a few upgrades that i will do over the winter but i'm not holding my breath :'(

Yeah that road salt is a killer, I dont think many people realise just how much damage it does to their cars :o

Bulldog Bri

Thats one of the jobs on my list for the Bulldog, rub down chassis and paint. don't think it's ever been done since original build.  :o

8)

PhilW

Quote from: Richard on 03, October, 2009, 10:37:14 AM
Still worth doing winter runs if weather ok or if not a tin top for a breakie eat / chat would be still fun and keep things going.
Afterall I've been tinning to them anyway in boring road cars.

It would be good to stay in touch through the doom and gloom of winter, doesn't tend to get too bad until late December early Jan though.

Bulldog Bri

With the old club we still managed to run the regular meetings, just that most would turn up in their everyday cars.

I'm sure we can work some days out even if the weather won't let us on the club nights

This will need to something to talk about at the next meeting (11th Oct) We'll bring meeting time forward to 6:00pm and a short run from there 6:30ish over to the lock & weir, Keynsham.

8)

reluctant

Im t&t for next 12 month and will use regardless of weather (having spent so much money on the Pilgrim I intend to get as much use as poss) and having missed the last 2 meets through foriegn trips I will endever not to miss future meets.

Martin.

Bulldog Bri

Will be good to see you and the improved Bulldog at the meeting

8)

'The Gaffer'

As long as I havent got frost on my eybrows I'm up for it ;D

Bulldog Bri

Now that the evenings are darker even earlier :( (it's dark by 5  now!)

Would the club consider moving to a Sunday lunchtime during the winter months?

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 04, November, 2009, 11:14:33 AM
Now that the evenings are darker even earlier :( (it's dark by 5  now!)

Would the club consider moving to a Sunday lunchtime during the winter months?

8)

I'm up for that, or even a breakfast run meet.

Richard

Prefer a breakfast personally at weekend  as that gives a good block of other time in the day to do things, but will try and fit around others preferences as well.

David H

Quote from: PhilW on 03, October, 2009, 09:26:28 AM

Road salt destroys kit cars. I couldn't believe it when i first saw it.

Mine's off the road also but i will drive it any dry day this winter when i'm finished. Meets are still a go when i can spare the time. The trouble with Sunday Lunches and Sunday in general is that it's a family day for me so i can rarely make it out when the meets are on that day. I find it easier to do week day evenings and all the other clubs i belong to do just that, mostly for the reasons above. It doesn't suit everyone though :)

Good luck with the Bulldog and I still mean to come and give you a hand but i've got my hands properly full with my own right now...

Bulldog Bri

November Meet, as last meeting 6:00pm at the Wheatsheaf. then a run over to the Lock keeper at about 6:45

See you all there.

8)