AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Club Christmas meal at Hartleys Kitchen...

Started by 'The Gaffer', 04, November, 2009, 10:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Ok, Paul at Hartleys has just sent through his Xmas menu.

I would like to know in principle how many people would be interested in attending a club Christmas meal.

We need to set a date and time ASAP, I propose a weekday or weekend evening.

The date will have to be set according to the majority of requests and Pauls availability,  Its obvious that not everybody will be happy with the outcome but hopefully we can all come to a sensible compromise. Bottom line, if we cant all agree a date quickly, I will have to step in and decide on the clubs behalf.

Some of us know and can recommend the quality of Pauls / Hartleys cooking so it should be a very enjoyable event for club members and partners.

Everyone welcome, new or old members.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hartleys Kitchen
What a great place to celebrate the festive season...

lunch will have a very festive flavour...

MENU

hot mulled wine £3.00 a glass
-------------------
Smoked salmon on a cucumber & mixed leaf salad & a dill vinaigrette £5.50

Game liver pate a fresh cranberry sauce & toasted soldiers £5.50

Cauliflower, broccoli & stilton soup with warm focaccia bread £4.50

Skewered jumbo prawns with a sweet chilli dip £6.00

---------------------------------------------

Roast goose walnut & apricot stuffing, roast potatoes & vegetables £12.00

Three bird roast of turkey, Gressingham duck & partridge, sausagemeat & cranberry stuffing, roast potatoes and vegetables £11.00

Venison & wild mushroom casserole, Dauphinoise potatoes, minted leeks £11.50

Salmon en croute in a white wine sauce, baby potatoes and broccoli £12.00

Roast butternut squash, filled with cannellini bean Provencal with sautéed courgettes & grapes (V) £8.00

-------------------------------------------------

Sparkling mince pies with brandy cream £4.50

White chocolate & whisky croissant pudding £5.00

Ported Stilton, walnut & grape platter £5.00

(other scrummy desserts also available)

parties up to 30 guests
telephone 01749 841718
Hartleys Kitchen, Rookery farm
Binegar, Somerset, BA3 4UL

Richard

Now I'm hungry !

Happy to attend if I'm here of course, no real major preference.

tickious

Sounds good! Saturday the 5th December gets my vote ;D

David H

Pate, goose and white chocolate pudding for me. A week day evening is better for me as on the run up to Christmas, most weekends are booked with family around the country and other commitments.

Good work Phil!

dave_bence

That's a very tempting menu :-*

Saturday 5th is fine for me too.

Apart from Tue 1st, Sun 6th, Fri 11th and Mon 14th, any other date in December should be OK.

Dixie

Sorry Phil I won't be able to make it.  Too much going on, I have got to try and get 3 Christmas meals in at 3 seperate factories located in Leeds, Stoke and Frome.

You all enjoy yourselves.

Mark

Cob68

Hi Phil, not easy for me back in China early part of Dec and pretty much booked up when I get back.

Richard

Shame a few won't be able to find the time to fit this in, suggest Phil we do this earlier in the month to get as many as possible before everyone gets fully booked.

There is another starter Paul has for the Christmas menu that is not released into public domain yet, I have to say the sampling and helping to choose has been a pleasure  ;)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 05, November, 2009, 06:19:46 PM
Shame a few won't be able to find the time to fit this in, suggest Phil we do this earlier in the month to get as many as possible before everyone gets fully booked.

Yeah you might be right. Over 90 emails sent and just a handful of replies. Guess people have understandably more commitments than a club lunch.

I will let this thread run for a week and suggest maybe moving the date forward into November / early December and see what happens.

If it looks like a washout then we'll just forget it and try again next year.

Bulldog Bri

Sadly I'm not in any possition to go for the Xmas meal this year as the mail strikes mean I'm over down heavily in my wages now and still got to find something for Xmas and the kids  :-[ plus its also our busy time so will be hitting the overtime to fill the void. Maybe next year for me.

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 05, November, 2009, 09:45:53 PM
Sadly I'm not in any possition to go for the Xmas meal this year as the mail strikes mean I'm over down heavily in my wages now and still got to find something for Xmas and the kids  :-[ plus its also our busy time so will be hitting the overtime to fill the void. Maybe next year for me.

8)

Hey, if you get stuck bud and the meal is still on, I will pay for you. Times must be hard for you right now at the Post Office.

Richard

Quote from: G & Toniq on 06, November, 2009, 12:40:53 AM
Quote from: bulldog bri on 05, November, 2009, 09:45:53 PM

8)

Hey, if you get stuck bud and the meal is still on, I will pay for you. Times must be hard for you right now at the Post Office.

Happy to split it with you Phil, no excuse for him now  :D