News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

March Meet

Started by Richard, 14, March, 2010, 09:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Great to see so many of you this evening !

Nice to see those old faces even Pete's  :P

Good to see new members too.

Good turn out for this time of year.

'The Gaffer'

Yes it was a good evening apart from a GT40 breaking a drive shaft :(

Luckily just outside the pub, so Dave Bence and I provided moral support while waitng for the AA for an hour and a half. We then followed the recovery truck back to Petes to help push the car back into the workshop.

Never mind Pete, could have been a lot worse mate :)

Bulldog Bri

Oh no!!!  :(  Hope you get it sorted soon Pete.

8)

Richard

One pain in the whatsit. Hope they are easier to get out than the old BMW ones.

Still made the meeting longer.

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 15, March, 2010, 11:59:26 AM
Yes it was a good evening apart from a GT40 breaking a drive shaft :(

Luckily just outside the pub, so Dave Bence and I provided moral support while waitng for the AA for an hour and a half. We then followed the recovery truck back to Petes to help push the car back into the workshop.

Never mind Pete, could have been a lot worse mate :)

Many thanks to you 2 (Phil and Dave) bit of a prob having a slope outside main workshop

Car is now back on the road, but will have to check tother side now ( bolts were the problem) not the shafts, have now done the mod of new hightensile bolts - drilled the heads and then lockwired for security

Thanks again mates - we gotta get one of those recovery trucks for the club  ;D

Pete

Richard

that turned out better than it could have been.

nearly bought an A frame for towing, but never quite got a big enough reason to do it yet.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 15, March, 2010, 05:51:34 PM
Many thanks to you 2 (Phil and Dave) bit of a prob having a slope outside main workshop

Car is now back on the road, but will have to check tother side now ( bolts were the problem) not the shafts, have now done the mod of new hightensile bolts - drilled the heads and then lockwired for security

Thanks again mates - we gotta get one of those recovery trucks for the club  ;D

Pete

You are welcome Pete, so it was the bolts that sheared, glad you have the car back on the road so fast :)

Yeah our own recovery truck would be cool 8)

dave_bence

You're welcome Pete - glad to read that it was a quick and easy fix.

Thanks for the guided tour of the Spectre!

Dixie

Sorry I couldn't make it.  I was in Selby with work, but just happened to go to the gym and watched some very nice young ladies strutting thier stuff, it was tough but someone had to do it. :P

YellaBelly

Also apologise for not making it again. I was due to be in Pakistan but it got cancelled so I thought I'd be OK. Then my step-son's wife had to go and have her baby! How inconsiderate :)

Anyhow fingers crossed for April's meet.

JB

Richard

Quote from: YellaBelly on 18, March, 2010, 07:35:34 PMThen my step-son's wife had to go and have her baby! How inconsiderate :)

Anyhow fingers crossed for April's meet.

JB

Congratulations Grandad, please pass on the best wishes from all of here, I'm sure all will have thought it if not typed it. 

YellaBelly

Gee thanks Rich, make an old git feel older why don't you! :) ;)

Thanks for the good wishes. Guess I'll have to buy a Beauford or something now to go with the title? :D

'The Gaffer'

Yeah, congratulations Grandad ;D

Hope to catch up with you in April.