+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Priddy end stop for the classic folks run out - 25th April

Started by Richard, 18, April, 2010, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paintman

Don't really fancy the "treaure hunt" bit, but wouldn't mind meeting up on the green for a pose.

Maybe we could have a drive out and finish up there.....anyone interested?...... there's a nice pub where we can get a bite to eat.      Tony

Richard

It would be inappropriate for us to join their run out but we would be welcome for their return into Priddy, nothing to stop us doing our own thing or just meeting up for lunch nibbles.

'Mendip Wurzel'

I will probably pop up to Priddy to have a look... 
Kevin

paintman

What time will you be at the Green..... I fancy a drive out and a nibble. ;)

Dixie

I am going up for a look and a carvery in the pub.  Even taking the wife.

'Mendip Wurzel'

The 'British Historic Vehicle Club' is suggested an arrival time for visitors of about 2.00pm on Priddy Green. My plan is to go to there with the wife for lunch at about 1.00pm

Kevin

paintman

I'll see you there.....don't know about the wife yet.  Think she still wants to hit a little white ball around a field!! ;D

'Mendip Wurzel'

My plan at the moment is to go to the Hunters Lodge PH, BA5 3AR which is just outside of Priddy for about 1.00pm for a bite to eat and make my way down to Priddy Green at about 2.00pm.

Now let me warn you that the 'Hunters Lodge' does not look like a pub, more like a house, and it is easy to miss. The food is very simple with every meal costing £3.60 so it is certainly not luxurious and the pub is quite dilapidated so it may not suit everybody. However it is clean and in my opinion his real ales are some of the best available. A lot of the caving fraternity use this pub, mobile phones are banded and Diana Dors was the Landlords cousin. The Landlord is called Roger Dors & he has been there for some 47yrs. Last year CAMRA tried to give him an award for his real ales but he was having none of that and sent them packing, so as you will probably appreciate this is a bit of a strange pub.

I am going up there anyway with the wife and kitcar, assuming the weather is reasonable and anybody is obviously welcome.

Some may prefer the eating establishments on Priddy Green if they want a proper meal but the above is what I am doing.

Thank-you Friends

'The Gaffer'

paintman

I think i'll try the Hunters....Sounds "different".  I owe you a pint. ;)

Hairy Santa

So who is going down to Priddy from Bristol

Are we meeting up anywhere at all

If so where and at what time

Just wondering

'Mendip Wurzel'

Well I'm going anyway with the wife (assuming it is not raining) as per my plan above unless the consensus is for a mass meeting in one of the pubs on Priddy Green... some may prefer the Priddy Green pubs if they want a nice meal.

I live by Bristol Airport so I could meet anybody who was interested from this side of town at the Churchill Inn, but I guess most would be using a more direct route.

I'm not expecting much with regards to the Motoring event, its just somewhere to go and if a few of us do happen to turn up then all the more enjoyable....

Kevin

'The Gaffer'

What time would you aim to be at the Churchill Inn Kevin?

Maybe Pete and I can meet you there, and anybody else you wants to come along.

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 24, April, 2010, 10:09:32 PM
What time would you aim to be at the Churchill Inn Kevin?

Maybe Pete and I can meet you there, and anybody else you wants to come along.

Hi Phil , have arranged to meet Dixie at the Green Ore on the A39 at 10.45am tomorow -  give me a shout if you want to meet up this end and go down together  -

straight down the A 37 Wells Road from here - on to A39

'The Gaffer'

Let me know where you want to meet Pete and I will see you there at whatever time you suggest.

Look forward to meeting up.

Hairy Santa

How about 10 at macdonalds in briz - will take a while to get down to Mark

'The Gaffer'

Sorry Pete.

Running a bit late so cant make 10.00 There is a pub at the Green Ore isnt there. May see you there at 10.45 if you could wait for a few mins.

If I dont make it have a great day. Weather looks a bit chageable with thunder stroms forecast :(

Hairy Santa

Phil will be at green ore at 10.45 waiting (crossroads)

'The Gaffer'

'The Gaffer'

'Mendip Wurzel'

Seem like we could have a few of us going.... could be fun.

I'm going past the Chruchill at about 12.15 to 12.30, however it sounds like you have everything sorted so I will hopfully meet you there.

Kevin 

'The Gaffer'

Nice to catch up with you guys today, it was a good run out. Rain fell heavily for a while but we found shelter. Thanks for the car cover loan Mark... shame it was'nt waterproof ::) :D

As a few decided to eat in another pub we didnt all meet up till later.

We got there early, yeah ok I was fashionably late.

A few classic cars starting to roll in, including a load of 2CV's

Hmm those clouds dont look to clever

Down came the rain, looks dry in the pic but it was bucketing down. Who didnt tell Paintman it was raining ;D I laughed seeing his wet ass till I realised my car was full of water too ;D