+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hartley's / Clevedon run 16th May

Started by Bulldog Bri, 10, May, 2010, 12:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

The next run out on the list is the Hartley's / Clevdon run. We did this one last year and all those that went had a great drive out (the weather did help).

So, who's going???

1. Bulldog Bri

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 10, May, 2010, 12:08:44 PM

So, who's going???

1.  Bulldog Bri
2.  G & Toniq (assuming all goes well at the Llandow track day the day before)

Bulldog Bri

The next run out on the list is the Hartley's / Clevdon run. We did this one last year and all those that went had a great drive out (the weather did help).

So, who's going???

1. Bulldog Bri
          2. Mendip Wursel
          3. G & Toniq (assuming all goes well at the Llandow track day the day before)
          4. WALLNUT?
          5. Martin Higgs (Engine dependent)

WALNUT

Martin Higgs

Would like to come if I can get the engine back in the car in time just ordered a new oilseal so may be ok.

Daley Down Under

It's a no from me I'm afraid.  Engine is still not back from Bikecare so wont be going back in until 16th.  Hopefully running again the following weekend.

Dixie

Quote from: bulldog bri on 10, May, 2010, 01:10:15 PM

So, who's going???

1. Bulldog Bri
          2. Mendip Wursel
          4. WALLNUT?
          6. Dixie.

dave_bence

Quote from: Dixie on 10, May, 2010, 02:16:07 PM
Quote from: bulldog bri on 10, May, 2010, 01:10:15 PM

So, who's going???

1. Bulldog Bri
          2. Mendip Wursel
          4. WALLNUT?
          6. Dixie.
          7. dave_bence

'Mendip Wurzel'

I had a word with the Landlord of the Salthouse (Gary).

He is very keen about our visit and it is okay for us to all park on the slip road leading up to the pub.... this creates a nice display area for the cars where we can keep an eye on things from the pub patio.

Pembly Mike

Any advice on the times you will arrive and leave as I would like to stop by and say hello.
Mike.

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Pembly Mike on 11, May, 2010, 11:18:26 AM
Any advice on the times you will arrive and leave as I would like to stop by and say hello.
Mike.

Last year we chose to set a large layby just south of Bristol on the A37. Think it would be a good one to use again.

So meeting there around 9:30 and then drive on down for breakie and then over to Clevdon.

8)

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: MendipWursel on 11, May, 2010, 10:51:00 AM
I had a word with the Landlord of the Salthouse (Gary).

He is very keen about our visit and it is okay for us to all park on the slip road leading up to the pub.... this creates a nice display area for the cars where we can easily keep an eye on things from the pub patio.

Nice one Kev.

8)

Richard

Just dropped a message into Paul for you, will check tomorrow with him but should be fine  ;)

'The Gaffer'

Thanks Kevin & Richard :)

Quote from: dave_bence on 10, May, 2010, 10:07:36 PM

So, who's going???

1. Bulldog Bri
          2. Mendip Wursel
          4. WALLNUT?
          6. Dixie.
          7. dave_bence

Anyone else?

Pembly Mike

Sorry Guys, I asked the wrong question, it should been "what time will you arrive and depart Clevedon?"
Mike.

Bulldog Bri

We got to Clevedon around 11:30/12ish last year and will probably be about the same this time around, ish.  ;D

8)

Hairy Santa

Sorry guys cant make this one

GT40 was taken away on a trailer yesterday, so I'm without a car on the road for a week or two - anyone a spare seat -  ;)

WALNUT

you would be welcome to come with me but somehow I dont think we would fit into my car

Hairy Santa

Quote from: WALLNUT on 14, May, 2010, 08:47:50 PM
you would be welcome to come with me but somehow I dont think we would fit into my car

Love it - but think your right - he he -  thanks anyway

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 14, May, 2010, 06:18:47 PM

GT40 was taken away on a trailer yesterday, so I'm without a car on the road for a week or two - anyone a spare seat -  ;)

Yep... I saw it just joining the M32 at Easton, being towed by a Landy Disco  :(

8)

paintman

Hi, been on hols. but back now....what time can do you think you'll be at Hartley's. I'll meet you there if its not bucketing it down. :D

Tony

Bulldog Bri

Hairy Santa

Quote from: bulldog bri on 14, May, 2010, 09:23:41 PM

Yep... I saw it just joining the M32 at Easton, being towed by a Landy Disco  :(

8)

Yes on the way back to Essex, he already has it up for sale on pistonheads -

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1719029.htm

And he's put quite a few bob on it 

'Mendip Wurzel'

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 14, May, 2010, 11:58:38 PM

8)

But what about his wife ...

Dixie

Quote from: MendipWursel on 15, May, 2010, 08:23:33 AM
Quote from: Hairy Santa on 14, May, 2010, 11:58:38 PM

8)

But what about his wife ...

£44K, I don't think so.

Dixie

Sorry guys, but I cannot make tomorrow. 

I am goiung to stay local and take the daughter out.

If Hartleys is still on I will pop up for a butty and coffee, but not going to Clevedon.

Mark

Richard

If I'm up early enough I may stop in for a coffee on my way back, got a few things to do  ;)

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: dave_bence on 10, May, 2010, 10:07:36 PM
Hartley's / Clevdon run. We did this one last year and all those that went had a great drive out (the weather did help).

So, who's going???

1. Bulldog Bri Has had to drop out  :(
          2. Mendip Wursel
          4. WALLNUT?
          6. Dixie.
          7. dave_bence

Anyone else?

'Mendip Wurzel'

It raining here this morning so I won't be going unless it stops....

Dixie

Been raining here all morning.  Gunna keep the Cob all wrapped up and warm.

See you all soon.

Mark

WALNUT

It was good to see such a good turn out for the Hartleys Clevedon run,there was Dave Bence, Paint man, and myself. Is it always this good.

Tony

Bulldog Bri

:-[ Well done guys for going. Really didn't think anyone would go with the weather as it was.

Events are normally better attended than that  :(  As most don't have any weather gear and don't want to get soaked.  :'(

Did you go on to Clevedon as well? Any pic's?

I've been chasing Rocking horse poo on the bay today and so far doing ok, One more item to go.

8)

WALNUT

We had breakfast, and made our way back home. On the way back my mudguard bracket broke, but to look on the bright side, it was a back one, instead of the front one I just had repaired

Tony

Daley Down Under

I was out cycling round the Cheddar area today and the weather was foul.  All credit to those whose braved the elements.

See you soon

'The Gaffer'

Yeah as Bri said, normally a better turn out. Sorry I didnt make it but I was so tired after staying up fixing my car for the track day with only 5 1/2 hous sleep before it and 2 stupidly for some reason I had a senior moment and ate some sausages at Llanddow which were obviously not gluten free, resulting in a night of bowing to the Porcelain King :(

Weather looked pretty bad this morning too so fair play all who attended.

Tony, sorry to hear about your bracket breaking, you're not having a great deal of luck with them are you.

paintman

When I was following you from Hartleys I thought your back mudguards were on the piss.....but then my front ones are a bit so I never thought much more about it.....sorry!!  :-[

My wipers packed in as I came into Frome .... but it was only a loose fuse....bloody pot holes I expect!! >:(

WALNUT

I blame everything on the pot holes, even the weather lol.

Tony