News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Orginising club events

Started by Bulldog Bri, 25, July, 2010, 09:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

I do wonder if another reason events like this don't attract to much attention is that they are long distance and will take up a large proportion of the day.  ::) And due to home comitments cannot afford the time out.

I have planned a Blasie castle / downs run next month planned for the 22nd, a Sunday afternoon. It does clash with the Mark moor event :(, but will keep things more local for most.

8)

WALNUT

Maybe what members need to start showing some intrest in our run outs, is something like this French Boules Compettion, so there is something to do when we get to where we are going. I know there is a pitch ( If thats what they call them ) At the Pub where we hold our monthly meets, maybe we could get a team or two together and have a drive to a pub where they have a pitch. ( There must be a list of such places,) and take the local team on. Or something on those lines

Tony

Dixie

I don't think it helps having our monthly meet on an evening.  7pm is just too late.

Just my 2 pence worth, but I think it needs to be during a Sunday morning, then we can go for a long or short run, and back for lunch.  Most people can organise a bit of time during 1 morning in a month.

I find it impossible to make 7pm.

M

'Mendip Wurzel'

I agree with Brain in that long distance events seem to be less attractive. As Brian says it is time consuming and takes up the whole day, also Kitcar reliability could be another issue that worries individuals..... maybe 20 or 30 miles is enough for a 'run of the mill' event (we obviously still need a few long distance events like West Bay etc).

WALNUT

Id just like to point out that Iv seen better turn outs on our sun. evening meets, than Iv seen on some of our sun mornings. you will never please every one all of the time. just keep up the good work.

Tony

Dixie

Hi Tony.

I can't comment mate, the only evening meet I went on was a Thursday night and 4 of us turned up.

As you say, "you can't please everyone".  But I think the guys do a good job, so can't be alot wrong can there?

Looking forward to the 7th.

As for reliability, doing longer runs does show up any weakness, so eventually they get ironed out.

M

Psymon

See i am the oppossite i cant really do many day runs as i am working most days, especially bank hols when i really miss out on all the good stuff.
But evenings dry ones of course, i shall always try and make it.

Cheers Si  ;D ;D ;D