News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BKCC Meeting....

Started by Bulldog Bri, 30, May, 2009, 11:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Bulldog Bri

Hey Everyone!!  ;D

I've been in talks with our host Phil and we've decided to hold the First BKCC meeting at last!

It will be held on the Sunday 14th June at The 'Wheatsheaf' Pub on the A39, between Corston and Marksbury. It is fairly central to the club area easy to get to. I'll be getting there for about 7pm, hopefully the weather will be good as well.

I'm hoping you all can make it and have a good time  :D

If your not sure quite where it is give me a shout. Or even meet up a bit earlier and drive over in convoy  ;)

Cheers for now

Brian  8)

'The Gaffer'

I will be there.

Please add your names if you think you will attend.

It will be great to meet a few club members.  :)

dave_bence

Richard

I've put it in the diary, so should be there in one of boring road cars not like Chanz's  ;)

David H

YellaBelly

All being well we'll be there :)

Bulldog Bri

Great to see those saying that they will try to get there.... remember it's just as much about the cars as it is the people behind them, so don't worry if yours isn't finished yet come on over and say hello.

8)

YellaBelly

Quote from: bulldog bri on 02, June, 2009, 01:26:03 PM
Great to see those saying that they will try to get there.... remember it's just as much about the cars as it is the people behind them, so don't worry if yours isn't finished yet come on over and say hello.

8)

Certainly won't be able to bring mine, unless I get towed for 26 miles! (each way :o), May be in the tintop or on the bike.

BTW, the Boss is worried it's a man meeting so not sure whether to come with me! Anyone taking their better half? :)

JB

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YellaBelly on 02, June, 2009, 10:41:13 PM

BTW, the Boss is worried it's a man meeting so not sure whether to come with me! Anyone taking their better half? :)

JB

Speedy J - My missus, is staying at home, she thinks it may be a mans thing too, to be honest so do I 

Bulldog Bri

Sorry guys but I have to break up this man meeting thing..... I'll have my 2 kids with me. They love these cars. My son came to Stoneleigh this year and really enjoyed himself, so I'll be in the car park looking at the cars and chatting out there  :-\

8)

'The Gaffer'

Hey Brian, You've got a couple of great kids there and they are really into your cars.

See you in the car park mate.  :)

Richard

Great to have a mixture of people along, my view is if this turns into a male only club it will not survive.

I'd bring some of my little ones along if they have not just gone "out", you know the chat "where you going?"  "out", no idea where it is but it is very popular  ;)

Bulldog Bri

Mine aren't at that stage yet  ;D just get in the car and do as your told... nearly....

8)

'The Gaffer'

I couldent imagine anything nicer than a load of ladies turning up in their kit cars ;D

There were a couple driving around the camping site at Stonliegh, one in a Westfield? and the other in a Dax Rush. Very pretty... the cars I mean't  :-[

'The Gaffer'

Here is map of the pub.

Postcode is BA2 9HB

A mailshot reminder should be with all members shortly.

Bulldog Bri

Thats it Phil. nice one.

See you all there.

8)

Christian

Hi All,

I won't be able to make the meet, it's a bit to far for me to come.  But it is great to see how the club is growing, and good luck for your first meet.  I'll keep an eye out for the photographs  ;D

Cheers
Christian

Dixie

Yep, I will be there with my mate both in our Cobra's.

Fingers crossed for the weather.

Mark

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Christian on 10, June, 2009, 12:32:44 PM
Hi All,

I won't be able to make the meet, it's a bit to far for me to come.  But it is great to see how the club is growing, and good luck for your first meet.  I'll keep an eye out for the photographs  ;D

Cheers
Christian

Hey Christian, no worries, I didnt expect you. Who knows though, one day we may all meet up  :)

Quote from: Dixie on 10, June, 2009, 04:35:51 PM
Yep, I will be there with my mate both in our Cobra's.

Mark

It will be great to see you Mark, and your mate, and of course your Cobra's  :)

Yep fingers croseed for the weather!!

Richard

Question is which car as the donor is yet to be in a state where it can't be driven, do I pull to bits at weekend or drive it to the meet ?

MrFozzieBear

I'll be attending. it'll be good to meet everyone. :)

'The Gaffer'

Ok lets see who may be coming...

Reply with quote to add your name,

1.   G & Toniq - Toniq R
2.   Bulldog Bri - Pilgrim Bulldog
3.   Dave Bence - Onyx Firefox
4    Richard - Road car - Building
5.   David H - Westfield
6.   YellaBelly - Road car - Building
7.   Dixie - Cobra
8.   Dixies mate - Cobra
9    Mr FozzieBear - Road car - Building
10. Aliwizard - Road car - Building
11. KrazyKen - Marlin 5EXI 
12  reluctant - Road car - Building
13. chanz - Road car
14. Rosco - Locost

aliwizard

yes i will be there , looking forward to meeting  the other members, see you sunday cheers.

Rosco

I'll try to be there, I've just topped the radiator up with rad weld, 

My poor old locost will look very down market against al of those posh kitcars,  but its another adventure to add to the list.....

Bulldog Bri

I've had some starter motor wiring problems today but it will always start if nessesary with a push!

Ho hum, nowt straight forward with a kit  ;D

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Rosco on 14, June, 2009, 01:54:21 PM
I'll try to be there, I've just topped the radiator up with rad weld, 

My poor old locost will look very down market against al of those posh kitcars,  but its another adventure to add to the list.....

Hey its your car, and thats all that counts buddy, there is no prejudice at the BKCC  :)

Quote from: bulldog bri on 14, June, 2009, 04:42:32 PM
I've had some starter motor wiring problems today but it will always start if nessesary with a push!

Ho hum, nowt straight forward with a kit  ;D

8)

I'm sure someone will give you a shove mate.

Bulldog Bri

In case anyone is interesrted.. I'll be leaving home and joining the ring road at Syston (the recycle center) roundabout 6:25 heading off for the venue after 10 mins if anyone wants to join me in the drive over. I will be parked on the road to the tip looking at the ring road...

See you guys there...

8)

Mark G

Unfortunately I couldn't make it today as my car let me down. It took 14 months to build, 2 months to register and 4 days to break!

Turns out a sticky fuel pump is to blame.  Must fix this week to get it back on the road.

Hope to see you all at the next meet.

Mark.

Richard

Some pics up in one of my galleries !

Reduced the size, if you would like a copy / fuller sized file let me know.

Bulldog Bri

Thought I'd put a pic or to up as well

What a great turn out for the first club meet, was really good to get to meet you all and put some faces to your names.
Hope to see you all at the next meeting.

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Mark G on 14, June, 2009, 09:57:34 PM
Unfortunately I couldn't make it today as my car let me down. It took 14 months to build, 2 months to register and 4 days to break!

Turns out a sticky fuel pump is to blame.  Must fix this week to get it back on the road.

Mark.

Sorry you had problems Mark, it was a great evening. Hope to see you at the next one.

I was extremely pleased with the meet, a fantastic turn out for such a young club :) Thanks all of you for turning up.

A great bunch of people, some with cars, and some still building. I certainly enjoyed myself.

I hope I managed to speak to everybody, my apologies if not, but in time I would like to think we will all be more familier with each other without the need for introductions.

Again, thanks to those who turned up and I look forward to meeting again.  ;D

Heres a few pics of the very first BKCC meet...

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 14, June, 2009, 10:51:03 PM
Some pics up in one of my galleries !

Reduced the size, if you would like a copy / fuller sized file let me know.

Thanks guys, Great pics  ;D

vinny1275

Shame we missed it, we were in the car on the way back from Loch Lomond after a friend's wedding - that was a bit of a trek! Good to see the turnout was good for such a new club, encouraging for the future, certainly!

See you at the next one (hopefully)

dave_bence

An excellent start for a young club.

I certainly enjoyed looking at the variety of cars on show.

Nice to meet some members and put faces to names.

See you all at the next one!

David H

Good fun, nice drive, cracking weather. Thats what its about. Nice to meet you all.

Richard

It was great to meet you all and going back through the pictures it struck me that the club already had a good range of cars.

Good to see you all, but I can't recall who is who yet  :-[

Mark G

Quote from: Mark G on 14, June, 2009, 09:57:34 PM

Mark.

All sorted now so I'm mobile again. Shame it was too late for the meet though.  I'm gutted that I missed it.  I was chasing a red herring with the fuel pump idea.  I had a loose contact on the ignition switch.

'The Gaffer'

All sorted now so I'm mobile again. Shame it was too late for the meet though.  I'm gutted that I missed it.  I was chasing a red herring with the fuel pump idea.  I had a loose contact on the ignition switch.

Thats a kit car for you  :'(  Nice gallery pics by the way.

YellaBelly

Great to meet some of the guys and some really nice cars to boot :D

Nice to chin wag about the kits and can't wait for the next one I am able to go to (unfortunately I'm overseas for the next one so will miss it :().

It's a bit of a haul for me from Swindon way, but well worth it, and even more so when I get to come along in the '7'  8).

Bulldog, I'll let you know how I get on with the pipe bender  ;)

JB

Bulldog Bri

No rush buddy. Happy to help.

8)