Forgot your password?

Exeter Kit Car Show 22nd - 23rd Oct 2011

Started by Cob68, 15, September, 2011, 06:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

robp

Sumov8

'The Gaffer'

See who evers there in whatever they are driving on Sunday at Gordano :)

Any reports back from today?

sid

should be at taunton deane in the green royale on sunday .....if its still running on all six cylinders

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: sid on 22, October, 2011, 11:08:10 PM
should be at taunton deane in the green royale on sunday .....if its still running on all six cylinders

Hello Sid and a warm welcome. Please feel free to tell us a little about you and your car in the forum intro section :)

'Mendip Wurzel'

I attended on the Sunday. An enjoyable day............

Sumov8

Managed a run down from Gordano with 4 cars and no rain, stopped off at Taunton Dean after picking up a Royal where as last year we hit a bit of  rain on the way to the show.
Kept going with out the roof for the sun was peeping between the cloudes.
Show seemed a lttle light but we normally go on the Saturday so tgis may be normal, spotted Kens car on the stand (coud have given it a clean first!!)
lot's of cars in the car park to view as well and had a good dry run home. ;D ;D

Moleman

I would have met you guys at gordano but unbelievable as it sounds but there was I powercut last night & I woke with a flashing alarm clock on the wrong time.
so when I saw the real time it was 9.45. gutted.  :'( :'( :'(

'The Gaffer'

Always next year Moleman  :)

Nice to convoy down, the show itself was ok but was a bit quiet. Nothing tremendously exciting there for me but nice to catch up with a few people there.

Krazyken

My car was thrashing around the track raising money for the Stroke Association Day at CC on the Sat hence why it was not clean on the stand on Sunday.  With the abundance of shiny paint & chrome on display we decided to show what a car looks like when it gets used properly.

You know the expression "you can have a show car, or a go car - you can't have both"

peterw

I feel a bit of a twit, cos I went down yesterday 29th, really easy to park !!!!! >:(

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: peterw on 30, October, 2011, 11:52:09 AM
I feel a bit of a twit, cos I went down yesterday 29th, really easy to park !!!!! >:(

That'l teach you for not reading the forum more often :))

Hairy Santa

but it was a nice drive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

paintman

Quote from: peterw on 30, October, 2011, 11:52:09 AM

I think this not so little excursion merits a "Black Award"!!.........nice one. ;) ;)

Dixie

Krazyken

peterw

Oh alright then, and it was a blooming awfull trip back up as well full of grockles coming up from cornwall etc !!!

paintman

Quote from: peterw on 08, November, 2011, 05:31:01 PM
Oh alright then, and it was a blooming awfull trip back up as well full of grockles coming up from cornwall etc !!!

What's "Grockles" ???? :-[

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: paintman on 08, November, 2011, 08:19:10 PM
Quote from: peterw on 08, November, 2011, 05:31:01 PM

What's "Grockles" ???? :-[

From Oxford Online Dictionary...

'Grockle' is an informal and often slightly derogatory term for a tourist. It was first popularized because of its use by the characters in the film The System (1962), which is set in the Devon resort of Torquay during the summer season. Some older dictionaries suggested that it might be a West Country dialect word. Other scholars have put forward the theory that it originated in a comparison of red-faced tourists (wearing baggy clothing with handkerchiefs on their heads)

You did ask ;)

YellaBelly

YellaBelly

Aaaargh!! had to add this post 'cos it the previous was my 666th!! :o :o

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YellaBelly on 10, November, 2011, 04:51:52 PM

Aaaargh!! had to add this post 'cos it the previous was my 666th!! :o :o

Make a cuppa pull up a chair and find out everything you need to know :D

Moleman

It's also the first 3 numbers of my date of birth.  6.6.69.  :P :P :P

YellaBelly

Quote from: Moleman on 10, November, 2011, 09:40:02 PM
It's also the first 3 numbers of my date of birth.  6.6.69.  :P :P :P

Thanks for making me feel even older mate :( ;)

Camber Dave

You feel old

I started my first job on 6 June 1966 and am still at it 45 years 5 months and 5 days later.

Lucky to be still working or unlucky to still have to........

Krazyken

Dave

You have just made me feel so much better.  I was born on 9/12/1963 approx 2.5 years before you started work!!!

And my son thinks I'm an old fart. :o

Moleman

Blimey. I thought I was getting on a bit. Now I'm not so sure anymore.  :P :P :P :P :P