Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Prescott Revival

Started by Moleman, 12, February, 2014, 08:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

benchmark51

Yep, not going either  :(. Gonna have to make do with roast beef and yorkshire pud today.  :P

smudge

Not sure if anyone else is going today, I'm gonna leave it until as late as I can and if I go it will be straight there instead of joining the convoy (if there is one now)  :(
Apparently the forecast for Prescott is that it will clear up by 10am, so it should be a case of getting wet on the way up only  ::)
I figure I can outrun the rain anyway  ;)

Iancider

In the end there was quite a good turn-out dispite the atrocious weather.  In fact I would say the weather added something - water. :D  Nothing stopped a few really hardy drivers and one EVO was acting like a taxi for thrill seekers. Best sounding car was a TVR but it had about 20 close rivals in the Marcos'.  The Marcos club was celebrating on the day and performed a parade charge up the hill - will have some good photos there.

I travelled with Crash Test Dummy this time.  Between us we got a lot of really good video and photos but please be patient on thise - they wil be a couple of weeks to post.

We did the hill when it stopped hammering down.  After what seemed like 30 seconds of wheelspin at the start we roared up the hill.  It is harder than it looks but as soon as you have done it you want to do it again. 

Also without realising Bluehornetrider was there, we spotted him going for it on the hill - nice music.  Managed to meet him later.  Saw that Smudge made it but didn't manage to meet-up.  Hope you had a good experience Smudge!

smudge

Hi Ian, I only arrived at 2pm because of the weather and it was a bit of a rush getting sorted, I did manage to find one other BKCC member but didn't see you, sorry, you could have had a go in Bumble!  Not that we were very fast due to the weather and sporting semi slicks.  Any way, I had a blast, that's the first time I've taken him anywhere other than a normal road and the first time I've done anything like it, can't wait till next year :)

Moleman

Glad some of you guys made it. I know Sumov8 was heading up there as he txt me while I met Iancider & crach test at the convoy meeting place. I didn't go though.
The weather always seems to put a damper on all our popular event's this year.  ??? ::)

Bulldog Bri

Got up briefly this morning looked out the window and decided it was a no go today :-( was looking forward to this one as never been but the thought of sitting in the car with the rain coming down most of the day just didn't appeal as much as a day in the garage ;D

8)

'The Gaffer'

I would like to have made this but have been getting soaked too much lately. Glad it worked out for some though 8)

rivsy36

Good day at Prescott, hurricane bertha had no chance. Always wanted to drive the hill at Gothrington. A bit tricky in the damp but had good fun. only told off once for going to fast  >:(Met another member in the Aeon GT. Had a good few runs paid for by passengers :) :) cant wait for next year

smudge

A couple of videos of the day:

benchmark51

Aah so, you don't have to wear helmets then. :o

That suprises me.

smudge

Took one along just in case and was told not allowed to wear as it was a fun day, not competitive

benchmark51

As I said, seems strange to disallow helmets.

Perhaps it's ok to break your head if your having fun!! :-X ;D

smudge

I must admit I didn't think it would be a problem for anyone without a roof!!

'The Gaffer'

That track looked well damp. I think I would have wrapped myself round a tree ;D

Moleman

It did look damp. Nice video's mate.  8)

Sumov8

We made the convoy of two in and out of rain showers, had a walk up the hill, and once the track was open to transit vans ferrying passengers up the hill we called it a day and headed back home whilst we could drop the roof and get a bit of speed up, that way the rain went over the screen and we kept reasonably dry.

Well that was Summer 8)

Almondsburyhills

Quote from: Sumov8 on 12, August, 2014, 09:50:43 PM
We made the convoy of two in and out of rain showers, had a walk up the hill, and once the track was open to transit vans ferrying passengers up the hill we called it a day and headed back home whilst we could drop the roof and get a bit of speed up, that way the rain went over the screen and we kept reasonably dry.

Well that was Summer 8)

I got well soaked, and that was in the car  ;D

smudge

Oh yes, it was very damp, it seemed to be drying up and then hammered it down again just before my first run at 2.15.
I struggled to get any power down and traction, how I managed to control my wobble I have no idea, I guess someone must have been looking over me, good job really as one of the passengers was the organiser's daughter!!
Cheers Colin, this was the first time I used the camera, very pleased with the result but may adjust the height up a bit next time :)
Very glad I made the effort in the end, I'd been up since 6am getting more and more depressed with the wet stuff  >:(

benchmark51

I very often get a soaking just by taking Rex out over the woods every morning, but at least it is only for
an hour or so. I can then get warm and dry and not have to stand around in wet clothes all day. Rain driving like night driving can be fun, but gotta have a roof!

Was there anything else to do up there? Traders stalls, autojumble?

Moleman

This wet stuff is getting to me too Smudge.  ::) :)

Hats of to you guys that went there without a roof.  8)

Pilgrim Anna

Quote from: benchmark51 on 12, August, 2014, 06:58:52 PM
As I said, seems strange to disallow helmets.

Perhaps it's ok to break your head if your having fun!! :-X ;D

Hehehe. Yes strange! :P

Pilgrim Anna

The weather is what makes it for me. If its pouring down, its miserable. Im a whimp like that! :P

bluehornetrider

It was good to go even in the monsoon. I took the 928 up the hill but the porsche kicks in its power just as I need to brake for the corners, bit to tight and niggly for my car the auto box didn't help either. Also went up as a passenger in my freinds 944 turbo with a Manual. Although it was better the gearing was also a bit out.
The drive back together was quite spirited as it was still damp. But good fun.