+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Queens Square meet 13th July

Started by Moleman, 07, July, 2014, 08:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

As most of you guys Know it's the Queens Square Meet this Sunday morning. As normal it is probably best to get there early to get a parking space. 
I will be going so who else is up for it?   :D

Iancider

I'll be there.  Sorry to hear about your ankle.  Hope its not too paintful to drive on.

Ian

Moleman

Thanks mate. It is a bit sore & purple but I can walk on it ok now. I can drive the van ok so will give the car a go before Saturday.  :D

Any more up for Sunday then?  ;D

Sprint 7

Yep, count me in weather permitting. 8) :P ::)

WALNUT

Hairy Santa

I'm game but don't know what I will be driving

danwilko

I should be there, weather depending

peterw

Sumov8

Not this weekend we are off to Fairford for the Air display,  Have a good run :(

Bulldog Bri

:'( Once again I'm gonna miss out on this one, Anna's working and I'm playing Taxi all morning for her young un :'( Getting a bit pee'd off now missing all these event's

On a brighter note, my Bulldog went through another MoT with just a couple of advisories ;D. Another 6500miles clocked up :P

8)

robp

I may be there.  May not be allowed out again after jolly to Portsmouth the day before.  :(

YellaBelly

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 09, July, 2014, 09:43:40 AM
On a brighter note, my Bulldog went through another MoT with just a couple of advisories ;D. Another 6500miles clocked up :P
8)

Right, so now you can get that Locost OTR!! :D ;)

Bulldog Bri

Just waiting on VOSA for a date >:( cheque was cleared 3 weeks ago! >:(

8)

benchmark51

Don't worry at least you may have beat the christmas rush!  ???

fletch_306

Think i'm going to come up for this one but in the tin top as the Tiger is long term dead at the moment.

Bulldog Bri

News!
I've just been told by my daughter that it's 'Gay Pride' weekend in Bristol and Queens Square is where lots of things are going for it, both Saturday and Sunday!! So I can only presume it's going to be very busy down there :(

8)

benchmark51

OMG does that mean you have to wear a frock  ;D

Bulldog Bri

Might be worth going down to see Pete in a frock ;D

8)

benchmark51

So who's going to down to queens square, for a mince?

YellaBelly

Very aptly named place then really? :D

Hairy Santa

Don't forget your frocks and lipstick

;D :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o

Iancider

Chaps, chapesses and inbetweeners,

I am sorry but I don't think I will make it now becaause I have to do somebody a favour in the wee small hours. 

And no - it is not a last minute costume fitting. :o

bluehornetrider

I was planning on going, can't see too many shirt lifters being about this early in the morning then I'll head off to calne to the classic car show at the motor museum.

WALNUT

I might join you, on the trip to Calne from the Sq.

bluehornetrider

My belt tension warning light has come on so need to check that out before I take the car out.

Moleman

Did many of you go down there in the in? I looked out the window & decided not to bother.  ::) :)

benchmark51

It wasn't jam packed but a fair showing considering the weather. The threat of rain remained just that, just a hint of dampness. Didn't see any funnyfolk mincing around either!

WALNUT

There were a few funnyfolk, but they were all from our club

benchmark51

Yes, a few of them!

Had a tasty Mclaren MP3 and a Lambo ? (megabucks) there, as well as a few yank tanks I haven't seen before.

There was a member in a 7 parked in front of me that I want to contact, no Idea of his name but if he reads this perhaps he could pm me?

Robert

Good day out with the boy, who enjoyed sitting in Walnut's car

Robert

Just come home to find a speed enforcement on cumberland road at 8:38am (on the way to Queens Square) 38 mph in a 30 looks like I can apply for a speed awareness workshop but still an £80 fine :(  :o

benchmark51

What a bummer.
Almost as much as a track day but not so much fun :o :(

Moleman

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Robert on 18, July, 2014, 06:33:13 PM
Just come home to find a speed enforcement on cumberland road at 8:38am (on the way to Queens Square) 38 mph in a 30 looks like I can apply for a speed awareness workshop but still an £80 fine :(  :o

That is a bummer, three points as well? Not sure to many insurance comps take much notice of 3 points these days, I was tempted just to take the points and save a day off work then save the course for the next time I got caught so not to get 6 points.

Didn't in the end though, but man was that course sooo bad.

Sprint 7

We all get caught sometime or another, just don't make a habit of it. Imagine how hard it is, driving for the police in marked and unmarked cars, not breaking the 20 limit  all around town, every day. Damned difficult I can assure you, as we can get nicked just the same as everyone else . No exceptions!!!! ::) ::)