Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Track Developments open day 10th May

Started by Moleman, 14, March, 2014, 06:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

robp

Sorry folks, I may have a problem attending this event now.  SWMBO apparently has got other plans for me.  :( ???

Really sorry for the late notice.  There is still a chance I may be able to make it for a hour or so but if anyone else wants my space then it's yours.

benchmark51

Quote from: robp on 06, May, 2014, 01:08:12 PM
Sorry folks, I may have a problem attending this event now.  SWMBO apparently has got other plans for me.  :( ???

Really sorry for the late notice.  There is still a chance I may be able to make it for a hour or so but if anyone else wants my space then it's yours.

Go on, give her your cards and tell to enjoy herself, she''ll let you go then!  :o :o :o

fullpint

:( Totally forgot this was coming up!! It clashes with my birthday. Well not the actual day but the weekend and the wife has some thing plan???  If for any reason her plan fails then I may try to pop along just to say 'Hello'
Was such a great day last year to..

Moleman

Is there anyone out there that would like to take Rob's place? :)

Iancider

I'll make my own way and will be there for 8:30

benchmark51

I will be passing the White Harte, so if anyone wants to meet up about 8 - 8.30, let me know. :)

CC Cyclone

Unfortunately another last minute place is up for grabs. A work problem means I can't make this now which is a real shame as I am keen to find out the weight of the old girl and whether her feet are all pointing in the same direction.

I know it is poor form to pull out at such short notice and so my apologies to Dave for this.

I hope you all have a good day, and hopefully will see some of you at Llandow.

bluehornetrider

benchmark51

chris61

Yes and bringing a possible new member as passenger (his leader is off the road)
Anyone fancy meeting up for the drive?

'The Gaffer'

Moleman

Ok CC Cyclone no prob's.

So who is still going from the list? Please can you confirm you are still going.

So far                1, Fullpint
                        2, Benchmark51   (confirmed going)
                        3, Chris61            (confirmed going)
                        4, Bluehornetrider  (confirmed going)
                        5, The gaffer        (confirmed going)
                        6, Griff
                        7, Hairy Santa
                        8, Wacky
                        9, Grin-a-lot
                      10, Davmce
                      11, Steve c
                      12, Sorgwm
                      13, Iancider   (confirmed going)

Please confirm ASAP or I will need to cancel it. Thanks Colin.

wacky

I'm still good for tomorrow.

Is there a meet up arranged anywhere for the trip over? Where's the White Harte?

Tony

TimC

Hi All,

I'm sadly missing the day this year due to an antenatal class. I will be there in spirit - or in pies at least.  Proper fare from Bristol too...

See www.pieminister.co.uk if you don't already know what you'll be eating.

Have a great day,

Tim

Bulldog Bri

That's Pete's helpings where's everyone elses?

8)

benchmark51

Quote from: wacky on 09, May, 2014, 08:08:13 AM
I'm still good for tomorrow.

Is there a meet up arranged anywhere for the trip over? Where's the White Harte?

Tony

White Harte is on the A420 at Bridgeyate, next to the Griffin and 2 mini roundabouts. About 1 mile from the ring road. I will be there at 8.15 am, if you want to meet up. Dave

wacky

Grin-a-lot

I think i'm going to have to give it a miss i'm afraid.  The weather isn't looking very favourable and no doors/windscreen/roof and the risk of being stuck in traffic in the rain is filling me with dread (and too much water ruining my electrics)!

I'm sorry its short notice and i'll more than happily cover my share of the costs as I know that Dave has gone to some effort to sort out catering.

benchmark51

Ok, Tony. Gonna have a mini heatwave tomorrow! 8) 8) 8)

Griff

The weather really isn't looking great for tomorrow :-\, and I've no doors, windscreen or weather proofing either; I am happy to pay for the day, but not sure if I can make it  :(

chris61

I'll be honest I'm thinking same as you guys, obviously happy to pay, but the weather is not looking good

Moleman

So who is still going from the list? Please can you confirm you are still going.

3, Chris61            (Not sure due to weather)
                        6, Griff                (Not sure due to weather)
                        7, Hairy Santa
                        8, Wacky            (confirmed going)
                        9, Grin-a-lot        (Not sure due to weather)
                      10, Davmce
                      11, Steve c
                      12, Sorgwm

I'm not sure what to do now, Food has been ordered & the Complete Kit Car mag boys want to do a article on this too.
I can't blame you guys for not wanting to sit in traffic in the rain what with Badminton horse trails & Jap fest at combe.

Looks like only 5 going now. :(
I will see what Dave says about it.  :)

steve c

steve c

Quote from: Moleman on 09, May, 2014, 06:00:01 PM

3, Chris61            (Not sure due to weather)
                        6, Griff                (Not sure due to weather)
                        7, Hairy Santa
                        8, Wacky            (confirmed going)
                        9, Grin-a-lot        (Not sure due to weather)
                      10, Davmce
                      11, Steve c.         Confirmed going
                      12, Sorgwm

I'm not sure what to do now, Food has been ordered & the Complete Kit Car mag boys want to do a article on this too.
I can't blame you guys for not wanting to sit in traffic in the rain what with Badminton horse trails & Jap fest at combe.

Looks like only 5 going now. :(
I will see what Dave says about it.  :)

Moleman

Ok cool. Thanks for letting me know Steve.  well 6 is better than 5.   :)

Hairy Santa

Sorry guys been watching the weather and its not gonna be good, and being soaked all day is not quite my idea of fun
and not helping that Iv'e just returned from the quakes with a swollen eye, bloody painful

I def don't want Dave to go out of pocket with all he has put into this now and over the years so suggest we have a whipround of £15 a head from who ever was going so as his Saturday isn't completely wash out (sorry for the pun), perhaps Colin might agree to set it up for us

anybody else's thoughts please

Camber Dave

Hi Guys

We have access to the adjoining Barn if the bad weather persists. Early arrivals will be given a broom though!

For new visitors the format is that one by one we weigh your car and check geometry.
you record the settings and this takes about 20 mins.
You then go back outside or into the other barn and carry out the adjustments based on my guidance and with the help of other members. Bring your own tool box but a ball joint splitter and odd spanners etc can be borrowed from me.

Later I recheck your adjustments and set the tracking myself.

So if you are unsure about coming over – arrive a bit later and slot in when you can.

Visitors in tintops are also welcome. There is plenty to see and I will be available to answer questions and talk motors.

Dave

P.S. Pie's  arrived earlier. Plenty to go round.....

eaa53

The expected weather has caused the postponement of the ACKCC Camping trip to Aberystwyth  :-\  so I am now free to wander up to have the 5exi checked for compliance and ride height at the front.  8)

I had a word with Dave and he suggested parking myself as a reserve on Colin's list in case the weather really does get bad.

I have modified the 5exi's weatherproof gear so I am not confident yet it will survive a high speed run yet.

I am looking to arrive midday and hope Ben has the culinary skills of a TV chief to provide a deserved reward for the long trip to the event.   ;D

JohnC

Moleman

Hi Eaa53. You will be most welcome to join us mate.  8)
Thanks for letting me know Hairy Santa.  :)  I will pop up at some point tomorrow to see how it is going. I will also speak to Dave about anyone who was going but can't due to bloody crap weather for which I certainly don't blame you for cancelling as it really won't be much fun sat in a traffic jam in the rain.  :'( I will get you guys to send me the money towards costs so Dave is not out of pocket.   :)
Thanks Colin.

chris61

What sort of time will you be around Dave? I'm thinking braving it and coming early to miss (hopefully) the worst of the traffic

Camber Dave

Hi Chris

I will be here at 8 latest; may be 7:30 even

Dave

Moleman

You never know they might even get the forecast wrong?  :)

chris61

Quote from: Moleman on 09, May, 2014, 09:28:24 PM
You never know they might even get the forecast wrong?  :)
Well I'm hoping as I'm half way through polishing it! But I've put the half roof on, grabbed my helmet and a waterproof coat if not! Figured that skins waterproof and if it breaks down, I've got recovery and a mate with a trailer lol

'The Gaffer'

I finally arrived after spending about an hour stuck in Badminton Horse Trials traffic, luckily no Japfest traffic that I could see but the M4? Well, that was at a standstill but I luckily just spotted that before joining it and went back round and took the Yate route. What with that and the wind and rain, this was in hindsight, a very bad day to hold this event.

Next year we will hold this event later into the summer and I will post a new thread with a poll as to what month you prefer.

All said and done though quite a few turned up and it was nice to meet some new members and see their cars. Dave at Track developments did a cracking job at making everybody welcome as usual and did some great work. Thanks Dave!!

Ian Stent from Complete Kit Car magazine also turned up and took pics so will hopefully do a feature in the mag soon.

A warm welcome to us

Dave in deep

A stubborn shaft

Moleman

It was good. Took me 2 hours to get there due to an accident on the M4 but I'm glad I went now. Nice to see quite a few made it in the end. Thanks Dave.  :)

CC Cyclone

I'm happy to cough up if it helps. I am a great believer that these things should be supported and are often done on goodwill. I had to cancel at the last minute due to work, but would have enjoyed the day i'm sure.

Bulldog Bri

Well done guys for getting up there with this weather and traffic problems ???

8)

benchmark51

Left the White Hart about 8.15, had a virtually traffic free run to Daves and arrived just before 9. As I thought Ratbag's geometry was a bit bandy, but adjustments to the camber and tracking put it right. Felt better on the road but weather too soggy for any spirited driving, leave that for a future heatwave day :P. On the way back I noticed the A46 was closed at the Cold Ashton roundabout toward Bath. Lots of cars parked at the nearby lay by looking at maps! Dunno why. Got home and washed off half of Wiltshire's countryside off of
poor ol' Ratbag, think Ian got the rest. :D. All in a good productive day.

wacky

Hi

It was a good day, nice to meet those that were there.

And thanks to Camber Dave for all his efforts, it'll be nice to see it in the Kit Car magazine.

Tony

bluehornetrider