Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Queen's Square Sunday morning meet 13th March

Started by Moleman, 06, March, 2016, 09:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

This is a really good chance to meet up with car enthusiasts from all over Bristol. it is held on the Sunday morning from about 9am at Queen Square, Bristol, City of Bristol BS1 4QS

I know we are always immaculately behaved but I am going to ask three things.  We wish to make a positive impact on the Square and for Bristol as a whole. 
(a) If you see some litter could you pick it up and put it in the bins (not ours but we will help)
(b) If somebody does make noise, very politely explain the situation to them so that the show is not banned as a result - that also applies to burning rubber and the like
(c) Invite as many members of the public as possible to enjoy this benefit for Bristol

This is still a great venue with a good atmosphere so who is up for it weather permitting of course?

So who is up for it? :)

Crunchie Gears

Moleman

If the weather is good I can actually make this one.  8)

Any more going to this one? :)

Iancider

robp

The Westy has just sailed through it's MOT so I hope, weather allowing, to be there on Sunday.

benchmark51

Ratbags Mot ran out yesterday, so it's no from me  :'(

Moleman

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: benchmark51 on 10, March, 2016, 03:49:22 PM
Ratbags Mot ran out yesterday, so it's no from me  :'(

Quick, run it over to Bridgeyate Motors. Warmley. It's Where I get mine done.  ;D

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Have had that nasty chest infection and 'flu-like' thing that is going around since Tuesday so IF I do feel well enough come Sunday morning I definitely WON'T be going in a kit car - pneumonia I don't need right now!!  :(

CrisisWolf

sanzomat

Difficult to say - officially its 9am but if the weather is good and there is a good turn out you won't park if you leave it to 9. 9 would have been okay for the last few but I suspect this one will be popular - 1st one in spring and the forecast is good so I'd advise no later than 8.30.

I'm still trying to make some arrangements to allow me to come but its not looking promising! Defo won't be able to do the April one though so I'll still try!

Facial Hair Optional

Yep Dave is right, if the weather is nice and it's dry and warm it can be jammed full by 8am even!

Moleman

I will still be there but without my westy. It's at Dave Gallops for a new front ARB upgrade. Bit last minute but I'm glad it's being done as we have found two cracks in the chassis where the ARB brackets are.  :o

Hairy Santa

Almondsburyhills

next time hopefully , got a poorly noisy sumov8 on the drive with a broken exhaust too repair .

sanzomat

I don't do twitter but saw this on the Queens Square Breakfast Club site. It seems Ms Vorderman was there and Fergy retweeted her tweet...

sanzomat

It was a great turnout by the way, maybe too great as it was packed and gridlocked for a while. I arrived early (just before eight) and managed to park in a bay but as I had to leave just after nine this was a a schoolboy error! By the time I'd found the sunbeam driver who was blocking me in the whole road was stationary all the way around the square due to a big american car being unable to get round one of the corners due to how the cars were parked - took me 25 minutes to get out of my parking space and leave the square!

Highlight was the F40.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 14, March, 2016, 09:52:13 PM

I don't do twitter but saw this on the Queens Square Breakfast Club site. It seems Ms Vorderman was there and Fergy retweeted her tweet...

So that's where she went after she left mine in the early hours!! Not so much as a flippin' text since!!!

SPAXIMUS

So if I read this right, Carol Vorderman tweets that the Queens square meet is great and the car hating red trouser wearing major then somehow tries to be cool?

He is the chief instigator for screwing up Bristol for anyone with a passing interest in anything other than a bike or bus.

benchmark51

I reckon Carol Vorderman should wear the red trousers ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: SPAXIMUS on 15, March, 2016, 08:54:35 AM
So if I read this right, Carol Vorderman tweets that the Queens square meet is great and the car hating red trouser wearing major then somehow tries to be cool?

He is the chief instigator for screwing up Bristol for anyone with a passing interest in anything other than a bike or bus.

Yes but he has now made a major blunder! If he tries to shut the Sunday meeting down we can now demonstrate that he seemed to like it and be in favour when Ms V was here recently!!!

On a more pedantic note - not aimed at anyone in particular but at the same time aimed at almost everyone!! - one day I will not be the only person who gets the name of the Square correct!!! Even Ms V got it wrong and by re-tweeting it so did Georgie boy and he's the flipping Mayor on the bloody place!!

It's QUEEN Square - no 's'  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gary RH7

Quite right mate. You sort them out :P

Albeit when Dave turns up in his Trannyvan you never know :P

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 16, March, 2016, 02:03:41 PM
Quite right mate. You sort them out :P

Albeit when Dave turns up in his Trannyvan you never know :P

If Moleman gets out of the back of it with his furry costume on then I'm off!!!!

benchmark51

Gary RH7

Iancider

And while we are about it  - it is a Hairdressers' car show!

Bulldog Bri

sanzomat

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 18, March, 2016, 10:28:07 AM
Quote from: benchmark51 on 16, March, 2016, 04:35:25 PM
Gonna rename it the Bonkin' bus  ;D

See your still living in hope Dave ::)

8)

I thought he lives in Warmley. Hope is a village in the peak district...  ::)