Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Queen's Square Sunday morning meet 10th April

Started by Moleman, 04, April, 2016, 08:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

This is a really good chance to meet up with car enthusiasts from all over Bristol. it is held on the Sunday morning from about 9am at Queen Square, Bristol, City of Bristol BS1 4QS

I know we are always immaculately behaved but I am going to ask three things.  We wish to make a positive impact on the Square and for Bristol as a whole. 
(a) If you see some litter could you pick it up and put it in the bins (not ours but we will help)
(b) If somebody does make noise, very politely explain the situation to them so that the show is not banned as a result - that also applies to burning rubber and the like
(c) Invite as many members of the public as possible to enjoy this benefit for Bristol

This is still a great venue with a good atmosphere so who is up for it weather permitting of course?

So who is up for it?

I'm sorry to say I won't be there due to no car & family commitments.  ::) :)

sanzomat

I'm going to have to give this one a miss. Off up north to Blackburn at the weekend for a family thing.

Facial Hair Optional

Weather permitting I would like to be there Colin. I really hope it's dry as have not been there in a kit (and hence not at all!) in months.

Bulldog Bri

Doubtful as Annas working and I would have the sprog to get up and ready and take with me :'(

8)

benchmark51

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 05, April, 2016, 11:56:41 AM
Doubtful as Annas working and I would have the sprog to get up and ready and take with me :'(

8)
Can't you just tie him up and leave him in the garage? ;D ;D

Crunchie Gears

Hoping to get there this time with a couple of others. :D

We were going to then Blatt to Salisbury area for some lunch.  I have not organised a route or a venue for lunch.

Mind you all dependant on the weather :'(

Iancider

And I will have to decline this one for a family event.

Have Fun!

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: benchmark51 on 05, April, 2016, 03:25:46 PM
Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 05, April, 2016, 11:56:41 AM

8)
Can't you just tie him up and leave him in the garage? ;D ;D
So tempted to do that most days :P

8)

Facial Hair Optional

The weather is now not looking too bad (as it currently stands) and is predictied to be dry particularly from about 8.30am until later in the afternoon.

Is anyone going to attend Sunday morning for brekky, coffee and a chin-wag???

I am currently 50/50 depending on the weather and how well (or not) I feel Saturday night/Sunday morning.

benchmark51

Looking good so far, so most likely will be there.

robp

Yes, going to try and get down to the square tomorrow morning.  :D

Facial Hair Optional

So atm it looks like a possible four of us.

Any more takers??

benchmark51

Well I turned up but someone stole my private parking space! :'( So I stamped my feet, held my breath 'til I was sick and went home to sulk!! so there ;D

No truth is Michelle Pfieffer phoned me and invited me out to dinner, would have been rude to refuse.

On the way home, I nipped up to the Bowlplex on the ring road. There is a food pub, a place that does breakfast and loads of empty parking spaces. Probably enough space to fit all that was at Queen square today. Worth a look as a potential venue for a meet.

Facial Hair Optional

In brief - what a cracking sunny day this was! The Square was rammed by the time I got there (about 8.30am as the Tiger wouldn't start at 1st - new battery on order!) I had to park in King Street outside the Old Vic and walk as did many others.

It was great to see a few of us there (about 5 or 6 maybe though there were kits dotted all over the place as spaces were like gold dust and people were double or even triple parked!), I had some interesting conversations particularly with Rob and Pete (Hairy Santa). I have only been to maybe 6 of these meets so far but this was the busiest yet.

I tested out my new helmet, what a good buy that has turned out to be. More on that again one day if I get time.

Watch out on track Colin for Rob's super new sticky tyres mate, he'll be even quicker if his idea works!!!!! ;) ;)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 10, April, 2016, 11:54:13 AM

No truth is Michelle Pfieffer phoned me and invited me out to dinner, would have been rude to refuse.

Was she as sexy in real life as she looks on TV mate?  :P