News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Busy Day

Started by YellaBelly, 12, May, 2012, 09:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

Finally got all the bits & bobs from Stoneleigh to finish fitting the R1 can to the Locost. I have been debating whether or not to fit wrap so I can minimise the chances of a failure on projections at the clamps but decided that it might not be a good idea, so I made a guard from some spare ally I had and hopefully Mr IVA will be happy with it. I'm quite pleased with it

Also fitted the harnesses I got of a guy on the LCB forum and I think they look better than the blue ones I had on before.

DVLA inspection on Tuesday so should have my VIN and the local garage has said I can use their anvil and stamps to put it on a strip I will then weld to the chassis. All I've got to do then is book up for IVA!

[smg id=1145][smg id=1146]

I think she is all but ready now......

[smg id=1147]

Bulldog Bri

Very smart John. Missed the delivery of my last part on Friday, being redelivered on Monday, (hopefully)

Not sure about welding a plate in with the Vin on, I've heard they can be a bit picky as whats to stop anyone redoing it with another. I've done both, on a plate rivited on and direct to the chassis.

8)

Bulldog Bri

Following on from our chat at Stoneleigh John, Here are the lastest £'s for IVA fees

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/Approvals%20fees%20poster%202012.pdf

A kit car comes under M1 class

8)

YellaBelly

I think ours comes under A class mate. Everyone on the LCB forum says it's £450!

I know it's an old thread mate, but look at the entry from Wigster (4 down) in this link:

http://viatron.websitetoolbox.com/post/IVA-What-IVA-3451848

JB