+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Local tig welder around Bristol area.

Started by Eternal, 15, January, 2013, 06:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternal

Hello all! I'm quite new to the area as just moved here from sunny old Dorset.

I'm looking to get my engine running asap but require my plenum to have some ally tig welding done before i can bolt it on and get it all plumbed up. Is there anyone local to Bristol/Bath that can give me a hand and good rates for a cash in hand job.

To give you an idea i need 6 O's welded with a diameter of 60mm each. Also two rings of about 100mm dia as well as 2 small plates about 50mm x 30mm square.

I can work out exact linear length of welds if required. Thanks a huge amount in advance any help or advice welcome!

Alex (Eternal)

'The Gaffer'

You could try sending a PM to Aliwizard he may be able to help and is in your neck of the woods.

http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?action=profile;u=30

Eternal

WOW that's handy! Have sent him a PM. From the map i can see he lives less than 200m away from me!

Lucky Ed

Hi and welcome to the club!

Hope Aliwizard can help you out, he turns out some great work.

Good luck with your project, it looks like it's going to be a bit quick 8) ;D

Eternal

Haha with any luck it should be quick but i do have a problem with its gearing it has standard skyline top speed so going to be a nightmare when it comes to the IVA. Might try and make some form of plate to stop the stick from going into 4th and 5th gear....

Yeah i really hope Aliwizard can help otherwise its a trip to Kent to get the welding done by a friend.  :(

Eternal

Met Nick last night and saw his BEC omg that thing looks sweet and sounds amazing too!. With any luck will find out tomorrow how its gone with the plenum welding so we will soon see if the cast ally is good enough. lets just hope it all goes well!

Eternal

Nick did a fantastic job! allmost done but have a few more bits to weld on before its finished! :D

New garage also!

fullpint

8) Looking forward to seeing this at a meet this year!! May be.. Love seeing a big lump in a small car..

'The Gaffer'