+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Exhaust Help

Started by fletch_306, 28, January, 2015, 09:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fletch_306

hello all I have been, since August, doing an engine change from pinto to zetec engine on my Tiger Supersix and have hit a slight stumbling mainly based on costs.
I have a westfield silencer thanks to Iancider but it seems that i need a mortgage to get a manifold made. I have thought about a GBS zero manifold but am unsure of dimensions and GBS don't seem able to help on that for some unknown reason.
And Yeovil is rubbish for anything.
Any suggestions will be welcome

Thank you

Peter

Moleman

I don't know much about these things but I think depending on engine you do need the right dimensions of the diameter & length of pipe when it goes from 4 to 2 to 1 pipe for certain engines. so using a different manifold to what you got may cause you problems. ( but I could be wrong).

I know Infinity exhausts ltd are really good if this helps?    :)

benchmark51

I agree, Infinity can do it. They have someone who laser cuts the flange plate and they do the rest.

Iancider

Hi Pete,

Infinity would be a good choice.  A manifold for the Zetec is one of the most common so you could choose Westfield or GBS or their partner Kit Spares for that.  If it does not quite fit through the chassis then there is the option of modifying the chassis which with straight steel tube which is much cheaper perhaps than a custom manifold.  Such a job could be performed by a man in a van welder - they work off a generator for a power supply and could weld in-situ for you.  You should find a mobile welding service near you.

Just spotted a Westfield manifold on ebay that ended yesterday with zero bids and you will still be able to look that up http://www.ebay.com/itm/271755604579

I am sure it will be posted again.

Good luck
Ian

Lucky Ed

I agree wit Ian, Infinity Exhausts would be a good place to go, they did a great job for me, but to keep costs down you would be better off finding something second hand and getting it to fit. A bespoke manifold is going to get pricey. Good luck.

Camber Dave

If you are short of funds but able to weld (or tackweld), Custom Chrome do mild steel Manifold kits.

As for tuned lengths - PM me and I will pass on the formula I have on the computer.
They are based on Bore/stroke/valve duration and rev band to create alternate 'bungs' of high and low pressure gas that join up in the system to aid cylinder scavenging.

I can, with others on here can tig it together for you.

fletch_306

Thanks for the help so far guys it is always very much appreciated. I think I may ask on the Gbs forum to see if anyone there can help me with dimensions. I will contact Infinity I'm not on a massively low budget it's just the only quotes I have had were about £600 for the manifold. Is this average or am I being fleeced as the only stainless exhausts previous to this were on production cars and mass produced.

Peter

Iancider

Pete,

I think that is about the ball-park for a Stainless manifold I am afraid.  You can get them cheaper second-hand though.

Regards
Ian

fletch_306

Thank you Ian I must save some more money then. :o

fletch_306

After a good think and a chat with infinity exhausts i have decided i am going to get the exhaust made their i will have to save for a couple extra months and then see if i can borrow a trailer or get the car collected from yeovil but feel that this is the best place to have it made.

Again thanks all.

Peter

Moleman

I can help you get it there as long as you give me plenty of notice mate.  :D

fletch_306

That would be BRILLIANT Moleman won't be for a couple of months yet i think but will give you plenty of notice that i can promise!