News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Gel coat wax

Started by benchmark51, 31, May, 2017, 09:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

Going to 'mop' the gelcoat and wondered what wax to seal it with. Does come up fairly well but fades again without a wax to seal it. Any recommendations ?

fullpint

Sounds like to much hard work mate!!! I keep on reading about Rs owners doing a clay bar job!!! Sorry but that's far to much effort for my liking haha

benchmark51

But you 'marrieds' got wives to do all that haven't you? ;D ;D

fullpint

;D ;D I must say she is very good at keeping the workshop tidy since I employed her from March :)

benchmark51

I've been over with G3 and got the oxidation of it. Put on Simoniz original, seems to work ok and car looks lots better. We'll see how long it lasts. :D

benchmark51

The Simoniz has been on for 10 days now and still looking good. Rain 'beads' up and rolls off, quite happy with that. It is the solid wax in a tin rather than the runny stuff in a bottle, but goes on and off very easy. Just need a "karate kid" to keep up the good work. ;D ;D

fullpint

Still sold in a tin!!! Cool, they were the days.. Sure this runny stuff is watered down by 50% :)