+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Alveston. North bristol.

Started by Symnsm, 19, April, 2015, 07:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symnsm

Just thought Id say hello. I've just purchased a tiger e1 cat. I've bought it with a clutch that's dragging and has a misfire.
The clutch drag has now been sorted and the misfire was only due to a faulty distributor cap and rotor arm.
The engines the old pinto 205 block with twin 40's.
The history is showing the good old 205 block so this could be true.

Is there anyone near me that has something similar :-)

benchmark51

Hello and welcome.

I have a Locost seven with a xflow. I have a 205 pinto, on short sump, twin dellortos ect, just haven't got round to fitting it yet. I am in Warmley :)

fletch_306

Hello
I have a Tiger Supersix used to have a 2.0 Pinto in it but am in the process of upgrading to a zetec.
If it is a 205 it will be cast onto the block i have heard they are the block to have on a pinto engine much stronger but who really knows until you have blown one up!! :D
I loved the twin 40's i found them so easy to set up, however they do seem to need regular tweeking to keep them at their sweet spot.

there are plenty of people around on here that can help so never be afraid to ask.

Fletch

Moleman

Hi & welcome. Feel free to post some pictures of your tiger & put your name down to any of our events we have coming up. I'm north Bristol along with a few others in the club so I may see you about.  8)

sanzomat

I'm in Yate so not far but mine is a GTM with a K series so not exactly similar!

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club 8)

Think I may have seen you on the A38 heading north towards Thornbury early eve on Wednesday? Also saw a Blue Caterham in Halfords car park at the Cribbs same eve.

SPAXIMUS

I had that engine in my first Westfield, good basic strong motor. Mine had an uprated cam, head balance etc and ran 45 dellortos, that was good for around 175 bhp, yours will probably be in the 130bhp range. Dave at Interpro in Thornbury is a wiz on carbs and carries all the jets you may need.

The 205 block got the legend status as it was the same block as Cosworth used in the Sierra, they regularly went to 500bhp plus so strength a plenty. Even if it is not a 205 they take serious abuse and are easy and cheap to fix.

I too am in Yate so just around the corner really

garry h

Hi and welcome to the club i have a 205 in a ford spartan great engine  :)

Iancider

Welcome to the club Symnsm,

You get loads of help when you need it here!

Ian

Bulldog Bri