Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hi from a half owner of a couple of kits

Started by Crunchie Gears, 28, June, 2015, 01:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crunchie Gears

Hi all

I was at Castle Combe on the Kit car and Retro day.  I saw your display of cars and spoke to a couple of you and though you had a cool club and thought I would join, although I am a little out of the catchment area in Bracknell (good excuse to drive a bit further :) )

I have a couple of kits which I share with my brother.  We have had a Westfield FW400 for a while now and have just bought an Ultima GTR.  Here are some pics. The Ultima is at Castle Combe on the Kit Car day.  As I picked the car up 2days before the day I said to my brother O would not take it on the track.  But, as it was quiet and people were driving sensibly I took it on.

I then sent my brother the picture below and said I just left the fog lights on :P

Hope to make a meeting or three shortly.

Facial Hair Optional

LOL!!!! Is that flames or just glowing red hot???

I love those Ultimas  8) 8) 8)

Welcome Crunchie Gears

Crunchie Gears

Bulldog Bri

Hiya and welcome. Yes I did see you over there but didn't manage to get over. Shame. :-[

Hope to see you at some other events. (and the car ;D)

8)

Moleman

Hello & welcome. It will be good to see you again so feel free to put your name down to any of our events we have going on.  :)

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club. Nice to see you and your cars one day 8)

Iancider

Hi and welcome,

Don't worry about catchment area we have members all over the World.  Frankly with the Ultima you could be from Timbuktu or Mars and still qualify - yehhh!

Looking forward to seeing the Ultimate machine sometime.

Regards
Ian

Crunchie Gears

Thanks for the greetings.

I am looking forward to getting involved and I thought I would try to go to the Queen's Square meeting next month. :D

robp

Welcome to the club and what a wonderful pair of cars you have.

Quote from: Iancider on 28, June, 2015, 10:23:56 PM
Frankly with the Ultima you could be from Timbuktu or Mars and still qualify - yehhh!

Yes, I saw your Ultima at Combe.  Very nice.  However, that FW400 is pretty special too.  Carbon monocoque and VHPD K-series.  8)

sanzomat

Quote from: robp on 29, June, 2015, 10:54:32 AM
that FW400 is pretty special too.  Carbon monocoque and VHPD K-series.  8)

Having been reading up on K-series engines recently It seems that VHPD stands for Very High Probability of Disaster...  ..but seriously, a couple of very nice motors - which half of each is yours?

fullpint

Welcome along,,, I did take a couple of pics of your car.. Love it..

Facial Hair Optional

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 29, June, 2015, 07:38:04 AM
Thanks for the greetings.

I am looking forward to getting involved and I thought I would try to go to the Queen's Square meeting next month. :D
Yes, yes, yes, defo bring one or both of the cars to Queens Sq, you are guaranteed to draw a crowd!

Crunchie Gears

I am lucky with a brother to share the madness.  As for which bit I own  :D I get to park the here and do all the cleaning but I do most of the driving too.

The FW400 is a brilliant car IMO.   We have modified it but kept all the original parts so it can be put back to standard.  It has 205 bhp dry sump K series with a hewland LD200 5speed box the gear change is explosively quick without coming off the throttle. 

It is the only one with carbon body.  It has Image split rims with 3studs. We have added more carbon bits and some titanium nuts and bolts, carbon seats the list goes on.  It is great trackday car!  The great thing is few people expect it!

Problem is I think we may have to sell it as I have another car coming shortly and have a Morgan 3.7 Brooklands, which my wife will not let me sell.  So difficult choices coming up.

Thanks for your good thought and look forward to getting to get involved. :D