+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hello from a Newbie

Started by Vindicator, 14, August, 2015, 06:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vindicator

Hi all, been without a 'toy' since selling my Triumph TR6 and 2000 before getting married a few years ago. This time round I wanted a car that was a bit different and decided a kit car was the answer. After a long search, I've just bought a Vindicator Vulcan. The car is an ex-factory demo car and SVA'd in 2009. Great car and a great drive. There're a few minor things I have planned but the car is pretty much sorted. Looking forward to getting some miles in before the winter :). Based near Swindon and looking forward to meeting the group at some point.

Cheers, Ian

sanzomat

Hello and welcome. You'll find plenty of like minds on here. Looking forward to meeting you at any of the events.

Iancider

Hi Ian and welcome to the club!

That looks like a nice car.  Its a new one to me.  You will enjoy the variety of this club - some many variants and differences.

We also have several members in the Swindon area who will probably make themselves known to you. 

We have a club trackday on Monday ALL DAY (just BKCC) at Castle Combe.  We are full for drivers but you meet lots of us and enjoy some passenger rides too.

Ian

Vindicator

Hi Ian, thanks for the welcome. It was a new one to me as well before I saw mine advertised. Vindicator are best know for the Sprint which is a 'sevenesque'  style but the chassis follows a different design approach. But they also make the Vulcan (of which there have only been half a dozen made) and the Shadow, which is the same basic style as the Vulcan but is more of a Grand Tourer. Oh, and they also make a 4 seater kit as well.

Cheers, Ian

Moleman

Hi & welcome to the club. Feel free to look at our events board & put your name down for anything that takes your fancy.  8)

Bulldog Bri

Welcome to the club from me as well :P Look forward to seeing you and the car at some point..

8)

Gary RH7

Welcome. Car looks really cool. I find it hard to find a kit with style that is not 7ish.
Looking forward to seeing you both.

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club. Nice looking car you have there, feel free to post up a few more pics 8)

Vindicator

Thanks Guys and thanks for the warm welcome. Look forward to meeting up with you soon. Sorry I won't be able to make Castle Coombe on Monday......

Vindicator

Just got a few photos together.......

Bulldog Bri

Does look a very tidy car. Get a really good photo of it to me and it could be on next years Calendar ;D

8)

Vindicator

That would be great. I'll get one over to you....now all I need to do is find my decent camera, decent location....and a sunny day :)

Cheers, Ian

Moleman

garry h

Hi and welcome to the club nice looking car  :)

YellaBelly

Welcome to the club Ian. Looks like a nice machine there ;)

Vindicator

Thanks for the comments and the welcomes........would also be interested in hearing from the local Swindon guys to see whether there is an appetite for a meet-up??

Cheers, Ian

Facial Hair Optional

There definitely were a few guys over that side of the region who were interested in meeting up. It was discussed recently in fact, though I dont think it has come to anything yet. If you can find the thread I'm sure you can sort something out. I can't recall which thread/topic it was under off the top of my head though.

Vindicator

Thanks, I'll take a look through some of the posts....

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Try this thread, you may have to go a page or two into it.

http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=3969.0

Just read it again myself, yes that's defo the thread for hooking up with any guys in that area. If you'll pardon the expression!!!  :o

Vindicator

Thanks for that, there a few local names there.....I'll give them a shout...

Cheers, Ian

sanzomat

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional  that's defo the thread for hooking up with any guys in that area. If you'll pardon the expression!!!  :o
/quote]
Used to be a completely innocent phrase until Made in Chelsea turned it into something else. Not that I ever watch it but she does sometimes... :-[ 

Jagodo

I met your car at the Retro and Kit Car day at Castle Combe in June. The owner parked with us (on the Dutton Owners Club pitch) for an hour or so. It looked a really nicely sorted car. I think that was why the guy was going to sell it - he wanted a bit more challenge. I didn't talk to him much because he was old mates with one of the other guys and they had a lot of catching up to do, so I left them to it. Looks a lovely car in orange.

Vindicator

Quote from: Jagodo on 31, August, 2015, 11:22:55 PM
I met your car at the Retro and Kit Car day at Castle Combe in June. The owner parked with us (on the Dutton Owners Club pitch) for an hour or so. It looked a really nicely sorted car. I think that was why the guy was going to sell it - he wanted a bit more challenge. I didn't talk to him much because he was old mates with one of the other guys and they had a lot of catching up to do, so I left them to it. Looks a lovely car in orange.

Thanks, having had the car about 6 weeks, I still have that grin factor. That colour is causing me a problem....I was told it was Ford Asbo Orange, as used on the Focus RS but apparently the RS colour only had a metallic finish..... time to visit a body shop to see whether they have any ideas........

Moleman

You should speak to Paintman. His son is really good & I know he could help.  :)

Iancider

Quote.I was told it was Ford Asbo Orange

You've been Tangoed!  ;D

Pilgrim Anna

Welcome to the club! Thanks for posting pics. Try and make it to Queen square tomorrow.

Brandy Barrel

Never seen one before, its a really nice car.
Welcome to the club.