News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Started by Pembly Mike, 25, April, 2010, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pembly Mike

Hi All,
I came across this site yesterday and thought this is just what I need. Also impressed by the numbers involved.
Having retired a while ago, I had decided that a kit car was just the thing to occupy my new found leisure time.
I have been working on my car for two years so it's 90% finished and 90% to go.
The site welcomes all kit car enthusiasts so this is where it starts to get funny.
Lots of Cobra lookalikes and Caterham equivalents featured so where will I fit in to all this power?
It must be that I am building the slowest (speedwise) car in the county. The clue is in my membership name.
My project is a Pembleton SuperSport (?) and for those not in the know, it is based on a Citroen 2CV. I'll pause while you all get the laughter out of the way before a short description of the car.
For anyone who is old enough, you may remember the old pre war Morgan 3 wheeler. This what a Pembleton looks like. There is a four wheeled version but the extra wheel adds an enormous amount of weight. To offset that, some builders are using BMW or Moto Guzzi engines.
That is what attracted me. All the reliable (?) mechanicals from a more recent age fitted into a space frame clothed with rivetted aluminium skins. Have a look on the web site to see just how different all these cars are. It's not for track days or high speed but what what better way to enjoy the lanes of Somerset?
So that's what I am doing, looking forward to seeing something a bit more powerful soon through this club.
Regards,
Mike B.

Daley Down Under

Mike,

Looks fantastic (and a lot of work).  Welcome to club.

See you soon (with steed I hope).

Adrian

'Mendip Wurzel'

Mike

The Pembleton SuperSport is a brilliant looking car which will be great fun to drive, and what a head turner. We have all sorts of cars in the club and what we are not about is rushing hear there and everywhere at high speed, well at least I'm not allowed to with my wife in the car.... no; we are out there to enjoy the experience of our cars and just have fun.

Looking forward to seeing you at one of the meetings which are becoming quite regular now that the sun is shining.

Kevin

Richard

Warm welcome !

Great car in its own right ! Be proud of it, which I think you are, I think you are spot on with your mathematics in assessing building.

Feel free to come along in your road car if not fully on the road yet with your machine.

Don't worry about the power and speed thing, even Hairy with all his cu inch's drives like Ernie in a milk float.

'The Gaffer'

Hi Mike and a warm welcome to the club.

I think I saw a Pembleton SuperSport today at one of our meets. I was told they handle really well and are very nippy too.

Look forward to seeing you and your car soon :)

Phil.

David H

YellaBelly

Hi and welcome to the club.

Look forward to seeing the car for real :)

JB

WALNUT

Hi Mike
             Dont worry about the speed thing,its bound to be faster than my car. I chased A fly back from Chedder the other day, Took me over a mile before I Got it stuck on my wind deflectors, and that was only becouse it done a U turn. But I will be leaving it on there for the rest of the summer. As my one and only race trophy
   Hope you injoy the site, and see you at one of the meets.

dave_bence

Hello and welcome Mike ;D