News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Joined at last

Started by Camber Dave, 19, May, 2010, 10:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camber Dave

Hi there

My name is Dave and I am a car addict.
I did a 5 year apprenticeship decades ago on when they did them.
I have worked in garages though rarely for more than a couple of years at a stretch.
I had my own business in the 70's doing Lotus and other Sports cars. I also had a parallel career as a race mechanic from F Fords to F3000/British F3000. One winter we rebuilt an old F1 car and about 15 years ago we maintained and ran a Traction Engine. So I know a little bit about lots and not enough about anything. 
At present I am works director of Track Developments and still on the tools after 40+ years....
I have had a Sylva Leader (in pieces) for an embarrassing length of time. I have been developing it to use modern components and it is on its third chassis as the second became out of date as I was (not) working on it! Eventually I intend to use it for track days.
I thought a long time about joining the club as the car is on a trolley but just possible to be finished this year.

Bulldog Bri

Let me be first to welcome you to the club Dave.

I'll be along to the corner clinc with my Locost that I've been building for the last 3 years, though the last year it's just sat in the garage gathering dust  :-[

So see you soon. Build pics of your Sylva are more than welcome...

'The Gaffer'

Hi Dave and a warm welcome to the club.

Nice history :)

Maybe now knowing there is a local club that you can enjoy your car with may spur you on to get it on the road and also road legal? :) Lots of fun to be had on the road as well as on the track.

Look forward to meeting up soon.

Daley Down Under

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the club.  Hopefully meet you on the Corner Weight and BBQ day.

Adrian

David H

YellaBelly

Hi and welcome. Good to see the club growing :)

Martin Higgs

Welcome to the club Dave might see you at the Corner Weights Clinic in june. :)

dave_bence

Hello (again) and welcome Dave ;D