News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Marlboro Car goes to Oz

Started by Daley Down Under, 19, October, 2011, 01:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daley Down Under

All,

I've got one step closer to exporting the Marlboro Car.  Dept of Transport have granted the Import Permit today   :D

Adrian

YellaBelly

Great news Adrian! Soon be upsetting the neighbours then? :) ;)

JB

paintman

Are you going to fit kangeroo bars to the front when you get it Adrian or rely on the angle of the bonnet to put them into orbit!! lol ;D

Tony

Hairy Santa

Brill news mate

Hope it's all going as planned and your enjoying the move

soon be able to show  them how to drive a quick car, just dont upset to many   - they might ask you to leave the country  ;) 

'The Gaffer'

Excellent news, dont forget to turn the tank upside down.. We wouldn't want all the fuel to fall out ;D

TimC

Quote from: paintman on 19, October, 2011, 05:59:37 PM
Are you going to fit kangeroo bars to the front when you get it Adrian or rely on the angle of the bonnet to put them into orbit!! lol ;D

Tony

I hit a 'roo west of Melbourne last year - nowhere to go when it bounded out in front of me.  Poor thing!  Amazingly there wasn't a (new) mark on the Falcon Estate I was driving.

David H

Krazyken

Once in Oz, does this mean that with your superb bike rack, the bike can now power the car?

Think about it guys  ;D

Daley Down Under

Thanks for all the posts. Still not sure whether I can make it road legal but let's get it here first and worry about that later. Found an excellent garage who are up for the job.

Car is being picked up on 31st Oct so should be here approx 10 weeks later.

Adrian

Daley Down Under

Update - after a few delays Marlboro Car is now safely in a container and on it's way. Left Southampton inboard OOCL London on 28th Nov. Due to arrive in Brisbane on 4th Jan. Can't wait

You can track progress of container ship by searching on OOCL London. It's some vessel

Adrian

robp

Wow, that tracker website is great.  OOCL London is very impressive too.  I'm sure MarlboroCar will be safe on-board.

'The Gaffer'

Agreed, wow what a ship. Tracking is excellent too... Sort of makes post office special delivery look a bit tame.

Get some pics of delivery Adrian 8)

Daley Down Under

Daley Down Under

Latest news - Marlboro Car now in Taiwan. Arrived 23 mins ago. Final part of the journey starts on 1st Jan.

Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Krazyken

Adrian - Are you starting to get excited?

Daley Down Under

Yep - can't wait. Garage looks very empty

Daley Down Under

GOOD NEWS

Marlboro Car arrived safely in Port of Brisbane. Customs clearance etc next. Should be delivered to our house within 2 weeks.

Adrian

robp

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 10, January, 2012, 10:34:41 AM

Marlboro Car arrived safely in Port of Brisbane. Customs clearance etc next. Should be delivered to our house within 2 weeks.

Excellent news!  Bet you can't wait to see the car again.

Daley Down Under

Rob - you bet. Garage space cleared

AdrIan

Krazyken

Adrian

How many tails are you growing in anticipation?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 10, January, 2012, 10:34:41 AM

GOOD NEWS

Adrian

Thats great news, look forward to the pics :)

Krazyken

Adrian

Just need to get used to driving the Spire upside down or on the ceiling. ;)

Daley Down Under

Arrived!!!!!! And on the drive  :D

fullpint

With a nice Porsche to keep it company.. 8)

Hairy Santa

great news - now you can play  :)

David H

Fantastic news Adrian. I wonder what the Aussies, make of it when you belt it past them in their v8s at the local track??

'Mendip Wurzel'

Looks like a nice house as well........

Krazyken

Adrian, you must let us know what these Aussie drivers and tracks are like.  As you are in the summer there no excuse not to go out and play straight away.  The jobs around the house can wait ;D.  If your partner complains tell her I said it was your duty as a true Brit! 8)

I am sure she will understand.

'The Gaffer'

Nice one Adrian. A true home from home now. Enjoy!!

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Krazyken on 29, January, 2012, 12:55:37 PM
Adrian, you must let us know what these Aussie drivers and tracks are like.  As you are in the summer there no excuse not to go out and play straight away.  The jobs around the house can wait ;D.  If your partner complains tell her I said it was your duty as a true Brit! 8)

I am sure she will understand.

Apart from Summer is Brisbane wet season!!!  It will be dry by end Feb so no excuse then.  Local track (20kms away) is Lakeside Raceway - they run trackdays and next door neighbour has a trialer I can borrow if not road registered by then.  Cant wait to run rings round them big V8's.

Adrian 

YZFMINI

You cheated with that photo of the cars on the drive you turned the camera upside down..

I just had a look at the google satalite view of that track and ull have it cracked in a few laps.

hope the weather get good soon for you.

how easy is it goin to be to get it road registered down there..`

Yzfmini

Daley Down Under

Colin,

A few mods needed: Inertia Reel Seatbelts, min 100mm ground clearance, dispensation on windscreen and wipers and possibly more side impact protection.  Only other issue is height of lights at the front - may need to mount indicators on the door mirrors.  Will get confirmation when the car goes off to the Compliance Engineers in the next couple of weeks.

How goes things with the family and the new front for the car?

Adrian

YZFMINI

Adrian
Hope you dont have to make to do to much.. your seat belts are better than Inertia Reel Seatbelts ..
100mm ... i have about 80 to the bottom of my exhaust.. if you have to do 100mm that going to mean alot of suspension geomertry playing and extending some arm lowering mounts, I HOPE NOT....Good luck

Mini-- The front end is now fitted and i have made some carbon fiber front wheel arches. a friend of mine went to a mini day last weekend and picked me up a grill as mine was not exactly reuseable was it!. and i have an mot booked for saturday morning... so all being good im ready again for a day and comeb again soon.
hopefully with no fuel issues this time. as well as fuel regulator packing up i picked up a leak in the fuel line to the injectors  >:( >:( >:(

Col