News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Route 66 Car and Boat Show

Started by Quarrycars, 28, February, 2012, 11:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarrycars

Took part in the 4th annual Needles Car an Boat Show this weekend, a lot of beautiful cars and boats.  A drive along part of the old Route 66 then a show beside the river.  I think the Furore was the only kit car there but I thought members would like to see some other vehicles:

A bit out of place among the Hot Rods!

My first car was a Ford Pop but it didn't look like this one.

The Willys is street legal and drove to the show ???.

A few of the amazing engines on show;

You know it's OTT when even the blower belt is customised ???.

If I ever build a Hot Rod this is the engine I want, this one was pretty much stock but polished up and fitted with injection it would be would be pretty impresive;

And for the Reliant enthusiasts a couple of three wheelers;

'The Gaffer'

Wow, give me the keys to one of those boats 8)

What sort of response did you get to the Furore?

paintman

Great pics. of the cars and boats......nice to see a Willys coupe; the son is spraying a replica this week at his paintshop after months of prepping, they look awesome!!

Tony

Moleman

There are some cracking looking machine's there. OK if you want to go in a straight line though.
I'm wondering the same as the gaffer about what response did you get?

Quarrycars

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 28, February, 2012, 11:18:28 PM
Wow, give me the keys to one of those boats

What sort of response did you get to the Furore?

I think some of the boats have never been in the water but several launched and were doing full throttle runs up and down the river, sounded great but once you have done that a few times what else can they do, like most of the cars they can't do much except go fast in a straight line.

Lots of interest in the Furore, people seemed suprised that it's street legal and we use it as an everyday driver, I think a lot of the cars only get used for shows.

Quote from: paintman on 28, February, 2012, 11:28:37 PM
Great pics. of the cars and boats......nice to see a Willys coupe; the son is spraying a replica this week at his paintshop after months of prepping, they look awesome!!                                                                                                                                                                     

Must admit I love the '30s and '40s coupes, the Willys is pretty rare even over here.  Was the replica built in the UK?

Hairy Santa

well impressed

thats the place to be if you really want to build something  tasty

paintman

"Must admit I love the '30s and '40s coupes, the Willys is pretty rare even over here.  Was the replica built in the UK?"
[/quote]

Son's been working on it on and off for over a year, it's all chromed up......even the chassis and engine of coarse.    The guy who's having it done has spent £80,000 on it so far and that's without glass and upholstery.      He's not going to get any change from £100,000 :o