+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

What's yours called?

Started by garry h, 01, November, 2013, 07:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry h

After reading and commenting on the subject of why I bought a kit car it got me thinking of other topics. So after a while the subject of car names reared its head so here goes.
As you know Ive got a Ford Spartan and she has affectionately become to be known as Betsy.
Why Betsy I hear you asking,(or maybe not ) but bear with me.
Whilst in the process of building her and whilst my other half was waxoiling the floor pans she made the comment of how hot it was and came out with saying 'its sweaty betty' betty became betsy and the rest is history.
So there you have it hope Im not the only one to name their car but if I am please be nice to me and dont think Im weird Im not, honestly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
:)  :P :) :P :) :P :) :P

Moleman

I have to admit I have never named my cars. Sorry Gary looks like your the only one.  ;D

Weido!  :P :P :P :P

fullpint

chrislandy

When I was young my dad built a Jago Jeep which we named "Yellow Peril", other than that my Landy's registration is FXC so extrude that a little and you can probably get the name it has ;)

peterw

Named mine Valerie, registration is VAE

garry h

That makes two weirdo's Colin  :) :P :P :P :P :P Im sure there will be more added to the list  they're just shy  :) :)

WALNUT

I call mine #+++~+ ~+++++++ When I got a prob. with it. Do that count.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Our Lomax three wheeler is called 'Mendips Belle' and is themed around the WW2 B17 bomber the 'Memphis Belle'

The others got 'Real Steel' written on it but that's mainly because the engine is tuned with 'Real Steel' components.... having said this I think the name is quite applicable to the stainless steel type finish of the car.

benchmark51

Guilty!! My locost is affectionately known as Ratbag. Dunno why, just fits somehow.

garry h

Nice to see a few more came forward, come on now dont be shy.
In reply to Wallnuts question providing it has a few (f's)a couple of (o's)and ends in ing or dy then I think that counts as a popular name  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :P :P :P :P

Moleman

Quote from: WALNUT on 03, November, 2013, 12:44:38 PM
I call mine #+++~+ ~+++++++ When I got a prob. with it. Do that count.

I must admit mine did have a few of them names saturday morning when then fuel relay switch desided to play up. making me miss the show before the rain started.  ::) ;D

davecymru

My Sammio was always called "the little Red car" so the MasterCo is simply refereed to as "the big red car"  :)

Iancider

You can call my car anything you like -

I wont hear you! ;D

Ian

Sprint 7

My daughter calls my Hood "Flatpack Fred" because she once couldn't think of the term kit car so flatpack came out instead   :-X :-X

garry h

Moleman

Quote from: Sprint 7 on 14, November, 2013, 05:40:52 PM
My daughter calls my Hood "Flatpack Fred" because she once couldn't think of the term kit car so flatpack came out instead   :-X :-X

That is funny Pete.  :)

Iancider

I've had this problem - rapid build, didn't take long enough thinking about a name for my car.  So I set the family on the task and it was surprisingly difficult but Wifey thought we could build a name from an acronym. 

Westfield Is Long Low & Yellow.  So the name Willy stuck - it was quite clever.

But now as I go to the Garage she says "Are you going to get your Willy out?" and adds "Or does it only come out on sunny days".  It got worse when I polished it. :o ??? And worse still when somebody said today "Isn't it tiny" adding "What do you call it?"

You can't win.

So is there anybody out there with sensible names for theirs?

johnboy

just to add to this thread I've named my avon. Molly,Olivia,Neve,Elise,Yasmine,Petula,Imogen,Tabitha
  which is all ive seemed to do with the girl over the winter months, but she worth every penny :o ;D

Iancider

We finally dropped Willy because while it was clever it was just too prone to innuendo.  When asked how we came up with it I accidentally said said "it was hard" - it had to go - too much trouble.

Now we have settled on Hugo cos it's a two seater.  As Wifey said - Hugo, I Go, We Go. 

So Hugo it is. Job done!.

garry h

That should save alot of nudge nudge wink wink  ;) ;)