AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Cobra kit car interior retrim using Haynes manual on "How to trim".

Started by Dixie, 25, October, 2009, 07:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Excellent work as always !

I suspect the next owner of your car is one of those reading this thread.

Dixie

Thanks Rich.  Just got to copy for drivers side now.

Should be done by 1st April.

Mark ;D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 22, February, 2010, 06:01:55 PM
I suspect the next owner of your car is one of those reading this thread.

And that person is?

I keep saying I can see your face in that car Rich :)

Dixie

Passenger side now complete.  Just starting drivers side.  This wont take as long, lessons learnt doing this side.

It WILL be ready by 1st April. Honest guv.

Also put new stickers and roundal on.  Much better.  Dont know whether to leave roundal plain with no number OR put a no 7 back on????  What do you think? answers on a postcard.  Mark

G & Toniq edit. I have added a poll at the top of the page for '7' on or off, please vote.

'The Gaffer'

Dixie

Thanks Phil.  it's been a trial, the F**K up fairy has well and truely shown her wings on this one, but it is now looking good enough for me to be happy to show it off.  My wife thinks I am "Anal" and too much of a perfectionist, I just think things should be done properly or not at all.

The jury is out with me on the number 7, will let the club decide.  Thanks Mark

Richard

As always Mark great work there. It is incredible how much time learning to do things can take when compared to when you know and have the items you need to hand.

On the 7 front I liked the original black number 7 but not the disney one. If you are unsure go back and have a look at some of the pics from last yeasr meet, it works well with those decals in my view but not with a number 7 with the fancy detail, which I think is just too much and does not fit with the rest of the detail. But then it is not my car.

Hairy Santa

That looks the DB's - well worth the time spent

love the door cards -

not to sure on the door pulls though- want to see them in the flesh

No 7 - looks good both ways as far as I'm concerned - me I think i'd leave them off for the moment let it grow on you

Dixie

Thanks Pete.

The door pulls are the same as were origionally on the car, but they were broken, so I just looked on Ebay and found some Mini Metro items.  I have found some with chrome door pulls so might buy them, BUT they are £20ea.

I am starting to prefer just leaving them blank, but as you say will suck it and see.

Mark

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Dixie on 14, March, 2010, 11:11:37 AM
Thanks Pete.

The door pulls are the same as were origionally on the car, but they were broken, so I just looked on Ebay and found some Mini Metro items.  I have found some with chrome door pulls so might buy them, BUT they are £20ea.

I am starting to prefer just leaving them blank, but as you say will suck it and see.

Mark
Have a quick look at the ones on the GT next time we meet-- only a bit of 3/16 ally 3/4 wide with lightening holes that are countersunk - dont look bad
would finish your doors off nicely
sorry ain't got any pics

Dixie

'The Gaffer'

Excellent work Mark, the car looks great :)

Bet you will find just one more thing to do, then another, then another ;)

Quarrycars

Looks like a beautiful car, I think it looks best with just the roundels. I remember we used to have to tape over competition numbers when cars where used on the road, silly law, hope they have repealed it!  What is the significance of the yellow stripes, team ID?

Hairy Santa

That is looking awesome, well worth all the hard work  8)

not sure about the yellow stripes, would like to see it in the flesh,  they did have it on some of the originals didn't they

what is next then, how about a hard top  ;) 

'Mendip Wurzel'

Dixie

Back in the "Olden" days when Santa was a middle aged bloke, most teams ran 2 Cobra's.  The stripe was to identify which car was which.

It looks good in the flesh, just that "Little" bit differant.

Now to replace axle and rear drum brakes with disc conversion and LSD.

Thanks for nice comments.

Richard

looks better than last year  ;D

impressive work as always !

see you Sunday

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 12, April, 2010, 10:50:21 PM
Back in the "Olden" days when Santa was a middle aged bloke, most teams ran 2 Cobra's.
Haha who's in for a slap ;D

What did I tell you? ;)

Hairy Santa

Back in the "Olden" days when Santa was a middle aged bloke, most teams ran 2 Cobra's.  The stripe was to identify which car was which.

It looks good in the flesh, just that "Little" bit differant.

Thanks for nice comments.

From memory in the old days of the Boar War, (ok when I was knee high to a grass hopper, before someone puts it on here )  General Jan Smutts ordered that all cavalry horse's should have braiding platted into their tails to denote which platoon  and regiment they were associated with

Got any spare yellow tape Mark - reacon we should all put it on our cars to denote we are part of the club