+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

security

Started by foggy, 15, April, 2010, 08:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foggy

Hi, seeing that I have a Ford ignition barrel and we all know how easy it is to put a screw driver in there and start a car, do use a imobliser (could be a nightmare,wiring it into my wiring loom) or how about a isorlater- what do  you  suggest?

'The Gaffer'

I have a removalble steering wheel :)

Simplest thing would be a complete steering wheel cover anti theft device, possibly with an motion sensing alarm and home made hidden switch in the ignition line acting as an immobiliser.

paintman

I saw a Westfield last year with a hefty chain and padlock through a front wheel and around the suspension !!!   
  I daren't  try that.....can see myself driving off and ripping off the corner of the car! :P

gingerpaul

Motorbike alarm / immobiliser for me, off ebay no less. Bargaintastic and it works.

David H

Furore Phil

Being from Essex two cars broken into  >:( I'd say all of the above.

Removeable steering wheel - you could allways padlock the loose wheel to part of the intereior if you don't want to take it with you.

Isolators are cool - but dificult to hide and still be easy to get to.

An immobiliser is best. Not too dificult to fit either. Plus there are lots of kinds. Kill switch, rfid tag, numberpad etc.

Your car might be difficult to sell, but by definition it's gonna be a joy-ride

foggy

Thanks for the feedback on security, (immobiliers) I have been looking at them on e-bay, seems that the motor bike ones need wiring diagrams, so you get the right one (or make of bike), so what one would you fit? I think its a sierra/cortina wiring loom,what one  do you recommend?

'Mendip Wurzel'

My battery kill switch is hidden under the dash, I also carry a lightweight baseball type steering lock.

gingerpaul

Just tell them it's a custom project and that you'd like generic wiring diagrams. They should be able to supply that. Mine came with some scribbles on to convert it from a bike to a generic design.

PhilW

I have a removable steering wheel on mine, the way i see it is, if they want it, they will take it, no matter what.