News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bye bye Riot

Started by 'The Gaffer', 03, August, 2011, 10:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Having sold My Riot over the weekend, it was finally time to say goodbye today. The car was collected by a very nice man called Rod from 'Rod Tinnion Car Transportation' from Lincolnshire - based very close to the new owner.

It was a very hot day and the short drive to Tesco's car park to meet Rod and his gigantic trailer reminded me why I bought the car in the first place... Sheer fun and reliability came to mind but sadly needs must and she had to go.

Not sure what's on the card's next but it does seem odd running a kit car club without actually owning a kit car. Don't worry though, the club will remain intact and I will still attend meets etc when possible as before.

For those ever wanting to transport a car Rod will offer a discount to club supporters, he is very professional and I would trust him with any work. Link will go up in supporters discount list soon.

See his site here http://www.rodtinnion.co.uk/

It will be a while before finance is available again but watch this space.

paintman

You poor s*d.....I bet you had tears in your eyes as it was trailered away and the thought going through your head ......"what have I done?" ???

knuckle head

I was driving up from Birmingham yesterday on the M5 and I saw your Riot on route to its new home.I had a small moment of sadness as I knew how it feels to see your baby being traliered off  :'( .Who's next to sell   ;D  .

foggy

On my way back from the Isle of Mull last week,I was driving along the  side of  Loch Lomand,I saw a Riot going the other way, I know it was not yours, (or was it ?)as it passed me in a flash,I did not have time to get the registration, I was surprised to see one up there.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: foggy on 08, August, 2011, 08:53:15 PM
On my way back from the Isle of Mull last week,I was driving along the  side of  Loch Lomand,I saw a Riot going the other way, I know it was not yours, (or was it ?)as it passed me in a flash,I did not have time to get the registration, I was surprised to see one up there.

No not mine, my old Riot is up near Grimsby.

Quote from: knuckle head on 04, August, 2011, 05:55:34 AM
I was driving up from Birmingham yesterday on the M5 and I saw your Riot on route to its new home.I had a small moment of sadness as I knew how it feels to see your baby being traliered off  :'( .Who's next to sell   ;D  .

Yes, I wonder who's next?

Quote from: paintman on 03, August, 2011, 10:25:01 PM
You poor s*d.....I bet you had tears in your eyes as it was trailered away and the thought going through your head ......"what have I done?" ???

I don't generally get sentimental about cars, but I guess kit cars are different - You are selling the soul of the car too.