News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

The hood

Started by foggy, 18, October, 2013, 10:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foggy

We'll went to look at the hood it's a write off the front is smashed front cross members have snapped the engine has gone sideways snapping the engine mounts the gearbox has gone thro the gearbox tunnel sideways the top box section witch runs along side the engine is is baddy bent the bottom section has snapped the front suspension is smashed to bits it's not all bad I don't know how but the engine still runs and the back wheels are ok o and the propshaft has pushed the diff back a few inches I have the pictures but can't seem to up load them to the site

foggy

O for got to mention the steering wheel survived

Moleman

sorry to hear this mate.  :D  Well hopefully after the insurance is settled there will be another.  :)

Iancider

Commiserations Foggy,

I didn't hear how it happened - hope you are okay.

Looking on the bright side though as Colin said, this is now a basic kit.  You have a steering wheel and I guess a sense of adventure, possibly a working engine and a final drive in a DIFFerent position (see what I did there?).  It sounds like a project to me and with the winter months ahead it could not be a better timing.  I would be pleased to help with its resurection (or conversion) and I am sure others in the club would help too.  Just remember funerals are sad but the wakes afterwards are great.  Post or PM me if I can help.
Ian

foggy

Hi I sold it about 3 months ago the lad who brought it  had it on the road for a short time before he  crashed it and he wondered if I could rebuild it for him but after looking at it it's just to far gone i did tell him there are a few parts on it witch could b used if he could get his hands on a part built one go from there just wate and c I have managed to post a pic in the members  cars don't quite know how I did that but if you look at the right. hand side you will see the bent frame

'The Gaffer'

Glad you manag d to post a pic, that car is a write off.