+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

tyre advice

Started by chris61, 10, March, 2014, 01:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris61

I'm looking at something a bit softer/grippy than what's fitted at the minute.
I'm looking at toyo t1r's or Yokohama prada 2's that look to be within budget. 888's are out of the question at the minute due to cost.
Does anyone have any suggestions to others or if the above are any good?
Cheers Chris

benchmark51

I have a set of  toyo t1r's fitted (195/50/15) and am very happy with them.
They are very capable at shifting water from the road into my lap  (need sidescreens methinks)
but it's not a wet day car so only happens if I get caught out now and then.
In the dry they're good at 20 psi, feel the road a bit but a few bacon butties will result in a fatter arse
and cure that  ;D.
Didn't particularly shop around for 'bestprices' but got them from Brunel £200 fitted and balanced.
They also took the 2 good yoko,s and fitted them to my tintop included.

dikkie

What size are you after? I have a set of 888's (13inch) on my car at the moment which I'm looking to replace with larger, more road going tyres. They are used but barely...

chrislandy

I've got Federal 595 RS-R on the Shelsley, not done much mileage on them but better than the T1R's I had previously as the sidewall is a lot harder

paintman

I have T1r's on the Hood and they handle well and are better for braking (on a light car).

Dixie was scared stiff once when I was travelling behind his Cobra, he had to brake hard due to a car coming out of a side turning, resulting in me bearing down on him with all wheels locked in a cloud of blue smoke and finally stopping 6 feet from his boot!!! :o :o

He was not amused ....... he still does not like me behind him ::).....Lol

chris61

Quote from: dikkie on 10, March, 2014, 10:56:26 AM
What size are you after? I have a set of 888's (13inch) on my car at the moment which I'm looking to replace with larger, more road going tyres. They are used but barely...
195/50r 15's or that would of been ideal