+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

kid seats in kit cars

Started by benchmark51, 13, September, 2016, 10:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

I'm getting ever increasing requests from my grandchildren for rides in Ratbag, but not sure of the legalities of it. My daughter has a range of kids seats in her Passat, so is it a case of putting the correct seat for each size child on the front seat?

Also are there any go kart places around for kids? Had a look online and have found places that cater for 8 years and above, but not younger(5).

A 'fun day' like the Castle Coombe 'parade lap' ones would be good but there doesn't seem to be much on now, maybe too late in the year?

fullpint

Do you have standard belts of a harness? I did take my grand daughter around Combe on a Parade lap. SHE LOVED IT.. :) I would not take her out on the road because the car seats are not suitable when having a 4 point hardness :( I have seen a few kids in kit cars on the road with standard belts fitted..

benchmark51

Yes I have 4 point harness fitted. Maybe I could find an adapter/seat belt and use the existing mounting points?

fullpint

That was my thought as well. Would be nice to take the little ones out on the road.. At snails pace though!!! :)