Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Messing around in the Garage

Started by Hairy Santa, 03, December, 2009, 11:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairy Santa

Hi Guys,

been having a play, painted the model, it looked good so I decided to see how it would look full size  ;)

It was a lot of fun sorting the page 3's out when masking up

David H

Bulldog Bri

YellaBelly

Looking good, but I don't see many page 3's in the photos! ;)

JB

'The Gaffer'

Looks great.

Are you going to get the big filler caps too, they would really finish the job off nice.

Dixie

Quote from: G & Toniq on 04, December, 2009, 10:32:57 AM
Looks great.

Are you going to get the big filler caps too, they would really finish the job off nice.

He's too tight to buy them Phil. ;D  Probably waiting to find some at the local scrappy :P

That black stripe does look nice though, he finally listened to me I have been bending his ear for weeks about putting a stripe on.

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 04, December, 2009, 10:32:57 AM
Looks great.

Quote from: Dixie on 04, December, 2009, 02:51:13 PM
He's too tight to buy them Phil. ;D  Probably waiting to find some at the local scrappy :P

That black stripe does look nice though, he finally listened to me I have been bending his ear for weeks about putting a stripe on.

I liked that Idea of get some fuel caps down the scrap yard, ---  well if you look close you can even see where I have cut them off of the tank filler necks ----   he he  ;)

So anybody any good at polishing  ;D They are only 45 years old

Dixie

Pete I have a portable sand blaster you can borrow.  Then you can polish to a shine.

Hairy Santa

nearly finished, just wish I could get a bit more of the heat to stay in the garage

that solvo autosol in bloody good stuff on alloy

few pics

Dixie

I told you all that was needed was a bit of elbow grease.

'The Gaffer'

Hairy Santa

Richard

that is a serious bit of elbow grease to get that finish !

You must need a breakfast or two by now  ;)

Hairy Santa

Must have lost some

New rear tyre's, 255-60-15 that now fill he holes nicely and will allow me to put a bitmore power down onto the road I have  finished the scoops but still not the right colour, and making spinners as you cant buy them this sort of size

'The Gaffer'

You should be in the jewellery business mate ;D

Nice rubber!!

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 09, December, 2009, 09:42:35 PM
You should be in the jewellery business mate ;D

Nice rubber!!

Sure you dont mean FORGER

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 09, December, 2009, 11:03:29 PM
Sure you dont mean FORGER

Make me a Rolex Submariner quick, Real-ish of course ;D

Hairy Santa

Just a few more photo's of what Iv'e been playing with, I am now up to 6 custom made tins of paint to get the right Colour to match the car - still not right

As yet I am still not to happy with the spinners  but they are starting to come right now

Pete

'The Gaffer'

Nice work mate, windows look great.

Good luck with the paint match.

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 19, December, 2009, 07:37:24 PM
Nice work mate, windows look great.

Good luck with the paint match.

Hi phil,

where is the thread I just put on - you must have seen it to reply - but it is not showing that I posted it  - strange

Hairy Santa

Sprayed the scoops again today - still the wrong colour - I am somewhat getting a tad piddled off with this - why cant they get the right colour

Fitted the spinners on painted  silver , wasn't to keen on it so sprayed them matt black , I think they look a bit better now

here are a few more shots

'The Gaffer'

Matt black looks great mate.

Maybe you should try someone else for a paint match? Could be your regular guys need their equipment calibrated?

Bulldog Bri

Not been messing around to much in mine recently as just before xmas I had a major water leak out there and that tripped the fusebox. I've let the garage dry out but it still shorts the power out.

I've even disconnected the mains cable going into the garage form the small consumer unit in the garage but that to has not solved the shorting prob' so my guess is that somewhere water has got into the cable going to the garage and will need replacing  >:( Think I'll wait till kids go back to school now as everytime I try and sort it I'm tripping the power and PC's and games machines are shutting down mid game  ;D and I'm getting shouted at  :P

8)

'The Gaffer'

Is the cable in a conduit underground or over ground? Or not in a conduit at all?

Is it a straight run with no joins?

Bulldog Bri

The cable runs in a one piece from the consumer unit in the hall to the garage with no joins till after it emerges in the garage, then directly into another consumer unit to then get shared around the different circuits. It travels through a single piece of the blue water supply pipe from kitchen to garage.

One thought is that when I had the water leak some has got into the joint before the fusebox, another is that some water has got in to the pipe and ingressed into the cabling. To check either thought I need to dismantle the sink stand (belfast sink on blocks) to get to the cables and start working it all out.

8)

'The Gaffer'

Sounds like the cable may have perished over time maybe. Is it possible that water has run back along the pipe right to the end in your house? Always try to make an upwards hoop in the cable / pipe to stop that.

It will be interesting to see what the problem is. Best sort it before it dries naturally though or you will never know what the problem was.. till it happens again.

Hairy Santa

Just a few more pics with what I've been up to- with everything going wrong , the scoops are back off for repainting yet again  >:(  >:(  >:(

Richard

Busy, still got a  bit of snow there, so can't be taken today with it so hot here in South West  ;D

'The Gaffer'

Shame about the paint Pete but the scoops look ace. Nice work.

Dixie

That spoiler looks great.  Wouldn't paint it, looks good as it is.

Mark