News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Car Performance Apps on smart Phone

Started by YZFMINI, 03, May, 2012, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YZFMINI

Having joind the rest of the world with my new phone i have discoverd the world of apps for android operating systems as well as apps for iphones.
I have found a few apps to try a general speedo and a timing prog as well as one that says it can tell you how much hp you have..

Has anyone else found and good apps worth trying.
Some even claim to be able to connec to the obd2 port, to help see what is wrong when arror codes come up and re set service messages..

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=car+performance&c=apps

Yzf mini..

'The Gaffer'

Welcome to the world of apps.

Only car one I've downloaded is a lap timer. Never used it yet though.

fullpint

When I had a HTC- hd desire (took the bloody thing back) I had to ask my son what the hell is an app????

Far too techno for me so still have my good old Samsung-600  ;D it rings and you can send a text... ;)

YZFMINI

Found a new one Called Racechrono

records laptimes and also records a the line taken and shows how fast you are goin at any point..
even as a beta release it good.. but more to come from it..
im waitign for it to be abel to export the data..
it has a large list of tracks and you can even make up your own easily..
Ill be testing this one and aLapHD which over lays data on the recording i think and could even show data picked up from the obd2 port on the car(if you have one. i dont.. .)..

Yzfmini

chills

As per in my build thread, I use 'Harrys LapTimer' on the iPhone.
Records the video in full HD as well as recording your speed, GPS position on track, g-forces and can link into OBD2 for revs, calculating gear, etc.
Also good for post 'race' geekiness as you can look at g-forces and speeds at any point of the track, and lotsa graphs of all the data.
I love it as it is only £10 for the full app, the HD quality is perfect and its fuss free. It can also do a lot of things that I never used such as lap comparison and you can also link to other cars via 3G for real time lap comparison, etc...

My recent lap at Hullavington - You'll need to watch it in YouTube and switch it to HD to get an idea of the picture quality.

The speed is not very accurate and is often delayed, as is the g-reading but for a tenner I'm more than happy with it.

http://gps-laptimer.de/Home.html

Krazyken

Chills

Nice tank slapper and spin at the end - impressive! :o :o :o

chills

Thanks and woulda been more impressive if I'd caught the spin but I think my ambition vastly outweighed my talent! ;D

YZFMINI

Looks like a good app.. There are so many. Though not all of them are realy any worth.
Yzfmini.