+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Insurance renewal....

Started by fullpint, 31, May, 2012, 07:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Years ago we took out a policy and I'm sure we then stuck with it for years...
So how come now every time we get our renewal thru why do we have to go online and get a bunch of quotes in  >:(
Chris Knots wanted £360 for my Stilo  :o  Sainsbury's can offer me better cover (including breakdown) for £230  Time to change AGAIN..

Moleman

Just doing both mine.
For my van insurance Direct line was cheapest though they quoted £460 but when I did all the compare sites & direct line as new customer they ended up cheapest at £360. so then I rang them to renew it they changed it to the £360 renew. So it pays even to go on line as a new customer to check with the people your with.

For the westy Adrain Flux wanted £290 plus £15 valuation charge which they did last year but that won't count as it's last years valuation. So tried afew others & Frank pickles did the same policy for £156 without the valuation fee.

So what would have been £765 has become £516 just by afew phone call's & the internet.  ;D

'The Gaffer'

fullpint, have you tried Frank Pickles?

For Van insurance I have been using CVD for years - You can push for a discount with them

fullpint

Mk Indy is with Frank.P.. I guess I could give them a call to see if they can match Sainsbury's. Would rather keep them all under one roof..
Back in my youth we had Norwich Union riders policys which meant you just insure your selfs up to say 1000cc and that meant you could own as many bikes as you wish. Simple..