+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Snow Warning!!

Started by fullpint, 17, January, 2013, 07:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

;D So they reckon we could have 5"-10" of the stuff tomorrow morning!! That will be interesting cause it only takes 2" to bring the UK to a stand still  :D
Anyone using there kit car tomorrow?
Look forward to seeing a few pic's of the 'white stuff'  8)

Lucky Ed

BRING IT ON!! Let's hope we get enough to stop things dead or none at all.

If the schools are closed I'll be out bashing around on the Quad with my son 8) 8) 8)

Eternal

Hope its not too bad as driving to Dorset tomorrow after work to pick up my engine crane, stand, Diff, prop shaft and tools! :(

paintman

Bit of snow expected and they all go mad!!!!.....supermarkets are being stripped bare!!! :o

Eternal

Oh well at the very least there will be a lot of Tesco's value burgers :)

YellaBelly

I still fail to believe how pathetic the brits can be! My son said that he had to queue for ages to get fuel tonight, never seen it so busy! WHY DO THEY NEED TO FILL UP IF THEY ARE GOING TO BE SNOWED IN??? And we went to get some bits and bobs from Sainsburys and it was like armageddon! Why are people so thick? What makes me mad more than anything is that the majority of folks that buy 6 or 8 cartons of milk normally live within 10 mins walking distance of the shops >:( >:( >:(

Feel better for that rant :D

Hairy Santa

Glad I got the grandkids, nephews and neices sleigh's for christmas now

hope they have loads of fun  8)

paintman

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 17, January, 2013, 10:38:28 PM
Glad I got the grandkids, nephews and neices sleigh's for christmas now

hope they have loads of fun  8)

Bet you never wrapped them all up Santa!!   lol ;) ;)

fullpint

Allow extra time for your drive to work they said.. Ok so i got up early (430). Had a look outside and :( :( :( :(
Those forecasters are taking the piss. I could clear the snow up here with a good fart :D :D
Sack em I say or pay em based upon a performace wage... Get it right you get paid, get it wrong you don't

Bulldog Bri

Just a bit of snow here.   :o
8)

robp

Think I may take the Westy to work today  :P

Bulldog Bri

Think a leaf blower would clear that out ok. Then a quick towel down of the seat you'll be fine.  ::)

8)

YellaBelly

Don't forget to clear the snow of the roof Rob, wouldn't want to cover the car behind in snow! :D

All very pretty though :)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Eternal on 17, January, 2013, 08:45:30 PM
Oh well at the very least there will be a lot of Tesco's value burgers :)

I can't believe that woman was sent to hospital after eating a horse meat burger...... At least her condition is said to be stable.

Nice pic Rob ;D Set of waterproofs and off you go!!

Personally I'm going nowhere today. I lot of my call outs often result in destinations witch are down single track country lanes, it maybe fine getting there but getting back may be the problem.. yeah call me a wimp if you like :P

Everybody be safe in the snow.

Hairy Santa

I dont care if you  do think the Snow is great -

SHUT THAT FUXXING DOOR NOW

:o 8) ??? ::) :P :o 8) ??? ::) :o 8) ??? :( :o 8) ??? :( :o 8) :o 8) :( :o 8) ??? ::) 8) ??? ::) :P

paintman

A good 5"+ of snow in Somerset and worst over the Mendips, lots of shops and the schools are shut.

The whole town was on foot.....roads around town still covered in snow this evening and it's freezing hard out.... :o

They did get it right for a change......but depends where you live!!

YZFMINI

Someone is trying to stop me getting to the garage!!!!

Moleman

Can you rig up a slide to go along the washing line?   
like a zipwire slide?  :P
Just don't forget to jump off before you go through the shed window!  :P

YellaBelly

We ended up with around 6" here. We have a long drive which has slopes at both ends, and yet today the newspaper guy and a delivery van both thought they'd 'go for it'. Needless to say there was much shovel work and spinning of tyres before they finally got out. I had to put a rope across the entrance to try and discourage people from trying, I was getting sick of diggin/pushing people out!!

And to top it all, the Landrover is still of the bl**dy road! >:(

fullpint

I eat my words and hats off to the weatherman.. We had (by noon) a good 6" with a nice 2 foot drift outside the front door.
Seen enough of it now so please melt  >:(

YellaBelly

Let's face it, they keep putting doom & gloom and "blizzards coming" in the papers so sooner or later they would be right :D

'The Gaffer'

Speedys car..

And a very spooky bush with a face..

Bulldog Bri

just taking the truck out and .
its started again.  25 miles south of Bristol and not heading back for nearly another hour. Hope the roads stay clear for a bit longer. lol

8)

bluehornetrider

What is it about snow that makes people act like complete tits?  People seem to think it's perfectly acceptable behaviour to walk in the middle of the road, drive as fast as the can and throw lumps of ice at cars, windows and strangers.  Hate snow and ice would rather sweat by cobs off in the sunshine!

paintman

Had to get the wifes car in the evening.....she abandoned it at 5.00pm as she couldn't get it up one of the hills in town to get home.   Dug it out and only just got it home in one piece!!

Had enough of it now.....had job this week but weather stopped me doing it.   Only worked a week since Xmas!! ???

fullpint

Not much fell here last nite. Forecast is for rain on saturday and getting mild.. Yippee white stuff will soon be gone  8)

robp

Quote from: fullpint on 23, January, 2013, 05:31:18 AM
....and getting mild.

Bring it on.  I haven't got any work done in the garage for ages.  Too cold.

YellaBelly

Too damn right! I spent a knackering 45 mins clearing our sloping drive entrance (we have a looong drive up to the house) ready for the Oil delivery chap to try again tomorrow. He wouldn't risk coming up today as he thought he might get stuck! So there's no excuse tomorrow :)

I might even get a chance to try and sort the damn Landrover out before the next onsluaght too!