+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Sliding Pillar Suspension

Started by steve c, 15, February, 2013, 07:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve c

Is there any one out there who has had dealings with changing the sliding pillars suspension on a Robin Hood 2B using GBS conversion kit ?
How difficult is this to do ?  as I do not know anything about it as I am new to this game.

Steve C

Moleman

I don't no much either.  :( 
I would think Dave gallop from Trackday Developments can point you in the write direction. He is a member & you can find his details on the members discount list.  :)

'Mendip Wurzel'

In my opinion you need to be fairly proficient at welding if you are going to take on this task. If you are used to fabricating it is fairly easy, if you are not it's not so easy.

I did mine a few year back and using GBS... it is likely to cost you 1K plus if you do use GBS and then you need to get your car to their workshop.

The sliding pillar suspension is okay for road use, but having said that it doesn't really work and is a hard ride. New suspension will give you a much nicer ride and actually works.  Don't be fooled by people telling you can improve this suspension by adding stiffer springs and shock absorbers....it doesn't work in my opinion. If you do stick with the sliding pillar make sure you keep the supsension well greased

It may be worth getting your rear suspension sorted at the same time as I am guessing you have Sierra springs... this can be replaced with coil overs which are adjustable. GBS sell the bracket ... this is much easier to sort yourself.

PM me if you want more information as I am fairly informed when it comes to this subject.

Thanks

'Mendip Wurzel'

If you go into the website "Gallery, Home Albums, Page 2, Mendip Wursel".... there are a few photos of my car at the GBS factory with the sliding pillar suspension being changed.
Kevin

steve c

thanks for your  input looks like i will be going up to gbs if i diside to change or  i my leave as is as i do not know anydifferet

fullpint

Quote from: steve c on 17, February, 2013, 06:46:38 PM
thanks for your  input looks like i will be going up to gbs if i diside to change or  i my leave as is as i do not know anydifferet
If its not broke don't fix-it!  ;D ;D ;D

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: steve c on 17, February, 2013, 06:46:38 PM

If well greased the sliding pillar should give you many years of trouble free motoring. It worked for Morgan Cars so it can't be that bad.