News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Lucky Ed Strikes Again!

Started by Lucky Ed, 16, April, 2013, 11:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Ed

Sorry if I've been on the quiet side recently but I have had a bit of a health blip. I went to the Docs feeling crap with lumps in my neck and groin and was told I probably had lymphoma, a type of blood cancer. So after blood tests, CT & MRI scans and having one of the lumps removed from my neck for a biopsy after 5 weeks returned to see the consultant fully expecting to find out when the chemo & radiotherapy was going to start.

I was elated to find out that the biopsy result showed that it wasn't lymphoma but a condition called sercoidosis which has similar symptoms but is benign and only needs treatment with steroids. The consultant says I was a very lucky boy as he only sees 1 case like this in 2 - 300, so Lucky Ed strikes again! My heart goes out to anybody in a similar situation, especially with a bad outcome as its a terrible time trying to get your house in order knowing that some really tough times lay ahead.

After all this the Pembrey trackday at the end of the month is going to be extra special - I don't even mind if it rains ;D ;D ;D

'The Gaffer'

That's fantastic news mate 8) life is precious, hope to see you at pembrey.

Hairy Santa

name change called for again

lucky lucky Ed

Great news

YellaBelly

At last, some good news! :D

Nice one chap ;)

robp

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 16, April, 2013, 11:02:38 PM
.... the biopsy result showed that it wasn't lymphoma ....

Wow, Ed.   Phew!  That's great news!

dave_bence

That is indeed great news Ed 8)

Enjoy Pembrey - I can't be there but I'll be thinking of you grinning all the way around Dibeni ;D

Moleman

Nice to hear it turned out ok.  :D
sorry I can't join you at pembrey.

aliwizard

nice to hear your ok ed, not  nice ,I now  what you were feeling , I am in hospital this week having more cemo ,but onwards and upwards , roll on the summer , thanks for the offer off the trailer  ed I will give you a bell when I get some dates set, hopefully  in the next week or so ,cheers

Bulldog Bri

Krazyken

Ed, once the BKCC boys get hold of your car, we need to fit a stereo that only plays Kylies "I should be so lucky - lucky, lucky, lucky".  That will sound great for the first 5,000 hours!

All the best mate.

Iancider

Ed,

We have never met but glad to hear your good news.  I had a scare some years ago - it make you value life more than ever.!

All the best to you

Iancider