News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Why is it so hard to buy a 2nd hand car!!

Started by fullpint, 13, June, 2013, 08:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

My good old Fiat has failed its MOT so I'm looking around for a replacement. Tried a local garage but I was not happy with there customer service. Having me waiting around, so I ended up just leaving..
Done the usual search of gumtree, autotrader, trade-it and Flea bay but its a mine field.
Found a very low mileage 325 M-Sport auto but its near Portershead!! To far for my liking to view and then to get over to do the deal if I like it.
Missed out (by a few hours) on a cracking CLK320..
Really need to take ownership on or before the 20th June..

benchmark51

Moleman

What sort of thing you after & what price range mate?

fullpint

Fancy a Merc CLK/SLK, BMW M-Sport are rather nice.  Auto cause I'm at that age in life were I fancy an easy drive  ;D
Got £9K to blow.. Got to be under 100,000 miles 2006 onwards.

'The Gaffer'

Do you mean Portishead? I have known people travel 100's of miles to find a good M series.

fullpint

Yep that's the place Phil. I know people travel miles but not me!! There is always some thing near by!!! But not in this case  ;D
I really should go take a look and then if I like it get on a train of bus...

Moleman

Portishead!  :o   That ain't far?  :o  There must be someone who can take you that short distance?  ;D

benchmark51

If you find something and do a deal, I can help you collect it. Dave

fullpint

Quote from: Moleman on 14, June, 2013, 04:37:21 PM
Portishead!  :o   That ain't far?  :o  There must be someone who can take you that short distance?  ;D
That's waaaaaaaaaay to far mate..
Looks like I've a BMW local now.. At a garage that I drive pass every day  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hope to do a deal later and may be pick it up tomorrow..

Moleman

fullpint

Well deal has been done and I collect my BMW this morning. 8)
Only downside is the deal on my poorly Fiat :( Got a massive £400 for it but then with only 2 days MOT left I can't moan to much. It needed about £300-£400 spending on it to get it thru the MOT. And it was only last week I got two front tyres for it and also had the o/s CV boot replaced in ready for the MOT..
Bye-bye Fiat and HELLO Bemmer.. Hope I've made the right choose!!

'The Gaffer'

fullpint

Nope.. One of my customer works for BMW and told me the M is a bone shaker.. I have my MK for that  ;D ;D ;D
I got a 320d efficient dynamics.. Waiting for it to stop raining so I can wax it and take a few pics..
The customer mentioned above looked into the history and confirmed the previous sole owner and also spoke to the garage who have serviced the car from new and touchwood all seems to be 100% in order..
Looking forward to my Heathrow run on Monday morning..

'The Gaffer'