Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Insurance

Started by AIBinsurance, 26, February, 2014, 09:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AIBinsurance

Good morning folks.

Just a quick note to thank those who have already taken out insurance with us.  We have insured a real mix of kit cars and you all seem to be pleased with our rates and cover.

Thanks again for contacting us and you can contact us either by telephone on 02380 268351 or visit us at www.aib-insurance.co.uk

benchmark51

I have a question for you.

When someone takes out insurance online what are the rules about cancelling a policy and the penalties
applied by the insurer?

I took out a policy online, with Adrian Flux, for my kit car. At the same time I was looking to buy another
car 200 miles away and was travelling up by train to make the purchase. I wanted to drive the car back home and needed insurance for it. When I got to the car in question it turned out to be a 'basket case', so I didn't buy it. I cancelled the insurance the next day and was charged 40 odd £ fee.

Is this right or should I be asking for a refund?

dikkie

Good question! I've often wondered about this, I don't know why the distance seller rules do not apply (ie 7 days cool off period whereby you can cancel with a full refund).

AIBinsurance

Interesting question.  It's all in the terms and conditions with the supplier.  If it's via a broker you need to be mindful of both the brokers terms and the insurer concerned. 

The thing to do if you are probably purchasing a car is let the 'supplier' know in advance it may not happen.  We do this fairly regularly and restrict any charges to a sensible amount providing you let us know the very next working day.

Call the team on 02380 268351 if they can help anymore.