News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

dynamicEdd

Started by dave_bence, 16, November, 2014, 10:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave_bence

Eddie's wife today informed me that he has suffered a serious stroke and is recovering in Southmead Hospital :(

Some of you will know him from the open day at his company Dynamic Mouldings, or from the trackday at Pembrey when he drove my car.

I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing Eddie a full and speedy recovery. I'm assured that his determination and sense of humour are still intact.

Moleman

Sorry to hear this.  :(    I hope he recovers very quickly mate.

Hairy Santa

my thought are with him and family

'The Gaffer'

Get well soon Eddie. Thoughts to you and family.

Lucky Ed

What terrible news, I'm really shocked.

Hope you recover quickly Eddie, so we can get you back out on track ASAP.

Bulldog Bri

Get well soon Eddie. Stay strong.

8)

Camber Dave

Get well soon Eddie.

Good wishes to his family and thanks for letting us know, Dave B

garry h

Krazyken

Very sad news, hope Edd makes a speedy full recovery.

Iancider

All the best to you Ed and to your wife - sorry to hear this

Please pass on my best wishes to him Dave.

Ian

dave_bence

I've been to see Eddie again this afternoon and thought I'd update you all.

Unfortunately, he has suffered more bleeding on the brain, close to the area affected by the original strokes.

The good news is that it has not caused any further damage, but all the progress he has made since being in hospital has been reversed.

Eddie was in the ITU for a while but is back in his own hospital room now. He's full of praise for the care he is getting at Southmead Hospital.

He currently does have some feeling in his left arm and leg, but virtually no movement. I think it's realistic to say that Eddie has a long, difficult road ahead.

However, Eddie is still as positive, determined and cheerful as ever. His next goal is to spend Christmas at home with his family, so lets all send our hopes and prayers for that to happen.

I've passed on all your comments and good wishes - he's very grateful for the support he's getting from family, friends, customers and acquaintances.

Stay strong Eddie.

longtimecoming

Having travelled that road with my wife having had her Stroke back in February this year, I can fully understand what Eddy's family are going through.  It will be a hard fight, but it is a winnable fight. My wife lost all feeling and movement on her right side and is now starting to walk again with the aid of a stick. Good luck to you Edd.

'Mendip Wurzel'

All the best Edd to you and your family

'The Gaffer'

Thanks for the update Dave, wishing him and family all the best. Sorry to hear your news longtimecoming too, all the best to you both.

longtimecoming

Although I am a new boy to the club, it amazes me at the help and support that comes from you all. From help with car break downs to an outgoing of sympathy when health problems arise. You should all be very proud off yourselves.
Now that's enough of the sloppy stuff ;D ;D
   A Very Merry Christmas to you all.

Moleman

This is a good club.  8)  Once again all the best Eddie & I hope you get home for Christmas.  :)

YellaBelly

Thoughts and best wishes to Ed and all his family and friends. get well soon ;)

garry h

Thoughts with you Eddie and your family hope you get home for Christmas  :) :)

sanzomat

As I'm pretty new here I can't claim to know or to have met Edd but if a few extra good wishes can help with his healing then he's very welcome to mine to add to all the others. Hope the road to recovery has a nice smooth surface and no humps!

dave_bence

Thankfully, much better news to start the New Year with :)

Eddie has made remarkable progress since I last saw him - he can now walk a short distance with the aid of a stick. He has very limited movement in his left arm and hand, but even that is an improvement.

As he'd hoped, Eddie did get home for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day. Family and friends took him to and from hospital on each day - getting in and out of a car wasn't too difficult. He even managed to climb the stairs in his house 8)

He'll be released from hospital in the next week, to continue his recovery at home. His house needs very little modification - just an extra hand rail up the side of the stairs.

As you can imagine, after two months in Southmead Hospital, Eddie is really looking forward to being back home with his family :)

Bulldog Bri

Great news there Dave, and we continue to wish the best for him from here.  :)

8)

Hairy Santa

Brill news, thoughts are with him 

Lucky Ed

That's great news Dave. I hope he continues with his speedy recovery. Send him our best when you see him next :)

garry h

Great to start the new year with some really good news heres to a speedy recovery  :) :)

'The Gaffer'

That's really great news Dave. My best wishes go to Eddie and family and hope that recovery continues quickly.

longtimecoming

Two months in Southmead Hospital is a trial in it's self. I would think once Edd is home that's when he can really make some progress. Very best wishes to Edd and his family.
:D

SPAXIMUS

I never met Edd, but I too want to send my good wishes. For those who have never had anyone they know have a stroke it is a terrible thing and for many the future is bleak, however Krazyken was involved with the Stroke association charity track day, who do a lot to help those affected by a stroke and the families of stroke victims.

Years ago the out look for many was bleak, but now with the right medication, rehabilitation programme, people can make remarkable recoveries and lead normal lives.
Andrew Marr on the BBC had a massive stroke and was paralysed, he now fronts the Sunday show which many though impossible.

The Stroke Association may not be a trendy charity but it is worth throwing a few quid their way, to help people like Edd

Iancider

Dave,

thanks for the update - that is really good to hear.

Ian

Moleman

That's really good to hear.  8)

dynamicEdd

Hi all
Firstly may U thank you all so much for your kind words.
I can honestly say that over the last two months, I have been in a very dark space. However. I have now returne home and I am slowly able to walk with a stick to all areas of my home its great to be back with the family.
One thing that I have been asked by the consultant is not to return to the track as it could cause further problems for me however,its a small price to pay for a stroke.
I have now taken on another member of staff at work so that I can take as much time as needed to recover.so if you do need Dyamic Moudings, dont worry, its business as usual.
The prognosis is good. They expect me to recover to almost as good as pre stroke, so as usual I will try my best, after all, I will want to get back to work eventually to continue the work I do to classic, race and kit cars.take care everyone, hope to se you at a club Meet during the year.
Eddie

Lucky Ed

Eddie
Great to hear you're out of hospital and managing to get around a bit. I appreciate you have a mountain to climb but I'm sure with your determination you'll get there. It will be good to see you at a meet later in the year, just shout if you ever need a lift I'm sure you'll get plenty of banter from the guys ;D

Good luck with your recovery
ATB
Ed

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: dynamicEdd on 07, January, 2015, 07:39:39 PM
Hi all
Firstly may U thank you all so much for your kind words.
I can honestly say that over the last two months, I have been in a very dark space. However. I have now returne home and I am slowly able to walk with a stick to all areas of my home its great to be back with the family.
One thing that I have been asked by the consultant is not to return to the track as it could cause further problems for me however,its a small price to pay for a stroke.
I have now taken on another member of staff at work so that I can take as much time as needed to recover.so if you do need Dyamic Moudings, dont worry, its business as usual.
The prognosis is good. They expect me to recover to almost as good as pre stroke, so as usual I will try my best, after all, I will want to get back to work eventually to continue the work I do to classic, race and kit cars.take care everyone, hope to se you at a club Meet during the year.
Eddie

That's fantastic Eddie. You take care :)

Iancider

Eddie,

It is so good to hear from you and that you have taken this new challenge so well. 

Best wishes to you and you family

Ian