News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Paypal Scam Warning

Started by Iancider, 26, May, 2015, 10:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iancider

If you get an e-mail apparently from Paypal saying that you have paid a subscription to Skype but they have reason to believe it is false.....

DO NOT reply to the link in your e-mail it is a SCAM.  It will entice you to log into you Paypal Account and the SCAMMERS will then have control of it.

IT IS A CON!

Ian

paintman

Thanks for the warning Ian. ;)

Facial Hair Optional

I had an email two days ago claiming to be from Yahoo telling me that a mobile number had been added to my Yahoo email accoiunt and if this was not my number (which it obviously was not!!) to log in etc etc. Most likely a SCAM also I suspect??

I'm not sure how the scammers would benefit from me logging in but I defo did not add a random mobile number to my account and it seemed that the email was just aimed at getting me to log into my Yahoo email. I guess they would then have my log in details and could go through my email account looking for info? Or maybe it was a virus type set up for some reason?

Bulldog Bri

I've had a few in the past from PayPal, but the way PayPal had been written and the senders email was suspicious told me to stay away. If you get something like that and you just want to be sure, come out of the email and login on the account your normal way not through the link they sent. ;D

8)

'The Gaffer'

These scams are a plenty.

You can always tell if you hover over the login link and see where the site will actually take you before you click (This usually shows somewhere on your browser) This link is usually a part of a hacked website of which the owner has no idea it is being used for phishing scams.

Any Paypal scams, just forward them to spoof@paypal.com they have a department that tries to keep the epidemic under control, as do most of the banks.

Mark, Cybercriminals use the credentials that you enter and use it to access your email records, contact lists, personal information and financial statements (if possible) Mainly to use in identity theft.

Stay safe!!